Jun 30, 2020
Call of Duty Warzone update adds 200-player mode TODAY – with 50 four-person squads
This news has been received from: the-sun.com
All trademarks, copyrights, videos, photos and logos are owned by respective news sources. News stories, videos and live streams are from trusted sources.
CALL of Duty is getting a 200-player version of Warzone today.
The mammoth mode will be added as part of a Season 4 update.2Warzone is a hugely popular Call of Duty Modern Warfare spin-off gameCredit: Call of Duty
Warzone is the popular free-to-play portion of Call of Duty Modern Warfare.
Anyone can play the game without paying for Modern Warfare itself.
It's a Fortnite-style Battle Royale, where players – alone or as part of a "squad" – fight and flee to remain the last person(s) standing.
Currently, Warzone pits as many as 150 players against each other.2Activision confirmed that the 200-player mode would be available for a "limited time"Credit: Activision
But the new update will let 200 player battle it out, split up into 50 four-person squads.
The playlist was actually leaked in the middle of June.
And Infinity Ward head Patrick Kelly previously said that a 200-player mode would be added at some point after launch.
The new mode will likely make Warzone games even more hectic.
And you'll probably spend less time out of combat while battling your way across Verdansk.
It's a contrast to other battle royale games like Fortnite, which cap their matches at 100 players.
The only downside is that it's not clear how long 200-player Warzone battles will be sticking around.
In a blog post, Activision confirmed that the game mode would be available for a "limited time".
However, popular game modes often return regularly – so even if it disappears, it might come back further down the line.
The Call of Duty Season Four Reloaded update is available today.
It'll be a fairly sizeable download of between 22GB and 36GB for people who already have the full Modern Warfare game installed.
Console owners will need to install a secondary downloaded of around 3.5GB for Multiplayer.
If you're a standalone Warzone player, you'll have to download a 22GB to 30GB installation.
And Activision says this update – once completed – will reduce the overall size of Warzone on your machine.
But anyone with the full-fat Modern Warfare will have even more storage space occupied on their devices.Call of Duty: Warzone trailer for season 4 of the free to play online battle royal game Most read in GamingJAW-DROPPING3D face of 'jawless' Stone Age man whose head was found on a SPIKE revealedZAP!US Marines' new weapon can electrocute enemies from 300 feet awayTIKTOK SHOCKWe showed 6 mums what kids REALLY watch on TikTok from porn to puppy slappingPORN PANICThousands of naked selfies and videos from OnlyFans site leaked onlineSEEING DOUBLEThere could be TWO new Xbox consoles with new model revealed at secret eventKILLER INSTINCTCall of Duty Warzone best guns – fastest 'time to kill' weapons revealed
In other news, KFC recently unveiled a "4K gaming console" with a built-in "chicken chamber".
Here are the best PS5 price and release date predictions.
And here's the full list of 25 PS5 games revealed during last week's Sony 'The Future of Gaming' event.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at email@example.com
News Source: the-sun.com
Bexar County adds nearly a thousand COVID-19 cases
SAN ANTONIO – The spread of COVID-19 continued on Thursday, as Bexar County and San Antonio officials confirmed 954 new cases.
It’s the third straight day that more than 700 new cases have been added. The total case count in Bexar County now stands at 17,679.
San Antonio Mayor Ron Nirenberg also confirmed six COVID-19 deaths. Additionally, officials confirmed 13 previously unreported COVID-19 deaths that were discovered in post-mortem examinations. The numbers brought the death toll to 165.
Nirenberg said there are now 1,216 COVID-19 patients in the hospital, up from 1,205 on Wednesday.
Thursday’s numbers showed 399 patients in the ICU and 231 patients on ventilators. Only 11% of staffed hospital beds are available.
More than 60 cases came from Windsor Mission Oaks, officials said. The majority of them are asymptomatic but they will be monitored in case symptoms arise.
The virus’ spread has continued relentlessly in Texas, threatening hospital capacity.
On Thursday, Texas. Gov. Greg Abbott suspended elective surgeries in multiple counties across the state in an effort to ensure hospital beds for COVID-19 patients.
“The State of Texas will continue to do everything we can to mitigate the spread of this virus and support our hospitals and health care professionals as they care for their fellow Texans,” Abbott said in a statement. “We must all come together and continue to practice social distancing, wear a face covering in public, and stay home when possible.”Read also:
- Metro Health: City expanding COVID-19 testing capabilities with mouth swab tests
- Should you get a COVID-19 test? Here are the San Antonio Metro Health guidelines
- KSAT Explains: How pandemic has struck San Antonio’s economy and road to recovery
Copyright 2020 by KSAT - All rights reserved.