Jun 30, 2020
Watch: Belgian Protesters at Anti-Annexation Rally Call for War Against Jews
This news has been received from: breitbart.com
All trademarks, copyrights, videos, photos and logos are owned by respective news sources. News stories, videos and live streams are from trusted sources.
TEL AVIV — Protesters at an anti-annexation rally in the Belgian capital of Brussels on Sunday were heard shouting anti-Semitic chants including calling for a “war against the Jews in the streets” and warning Jews the “the army of Muhammad will return.”
According to Pakistani broadsheet The News International, 400 protesters came to the rally which was organized by the Association Belgo-Palestinienne.Many of them were young people, Jewish youth, and were carrying “Palestinian flags and anti-Israel placards,” the report said.
“We Palestinians will continue to fight against it, even if the world’s largest power continues to support Israel,” the organizers told the crowd, referring to the United States.
The crowd answered with chants of “Khaybar, Khaybar, oh Jews the army of Muhammad will return,” referencing a 7th century massacre of Jews at the hands of the early Muslims.
The World Jewish Congress (WJC) slammed the protesters, tweeting, “Such calls for hatred in the streets create immense insecurity for the Jewish communty in Belgium. It is unacceptable for this open antisemitism to continue in our society.”
Protestors shouted violent antisemitic slogans during a demonstration Sunday in Brussels. Such calls for hatred in the streets create immense insecurity for the Jewish community in Belgium. It is unacceptable for this open #antisemitism to continue in our society. #EnoughIsEnough pic.twitter.com/xUkTzAATop
— WJC (@WorldJewishCong) June 29, 2020
The Coordinating Committee for Jewish Organizations in Belgium (CCOJB) said it was shocked at the chants, which constituted a “symbol of Muslim denomination over the Jews.” The group noted similar demonstrations in an Antwerp rally in 2014 that led to a criminal prosecution.
“These slogans have nothing to do with freedom of expression. They are incitement to hatred that shame us and concern us,” said CCOJB Chairman Yohan Benizri. “We will work with every necessary player, including in the judiciary, to put a stop to these unacceptable abuses. We as citizens will mobilize against this. Silence is violence.”
Earlier this month, Breitbart London reported French protesters were caught on video shouting anti-Semitic chants at a massive anti-police demonstration in central Paris including “dirty Jews” and waved signs reading “Israel, laboratory of police violence.”
News Source: breitbart.com
Tags: on the hill b inspired on the hill b inspired russia bounty claim coronavirus statues under siege war on police big tech purge cheat by mail antisemitism belgium brussels islam israel judaism world jewish congress
Korea’s Endless State of War: How Does It End?
Click here to read the full article.
Editor’s Note: As the world commemorates the 70th anniversary of the start of the Korean War, the Center for the National Interest’s Korean Studies team decided to ask dozens of the world’s top experts a simple question: Do you believe that the Korean War will finally come to an end before its next major anniversary in 2025? The below piece is an answer to that question. Please click here to see even more perspectives on this important topic.
We have just marked the 70th anniversary of the onset of the Korean War, and the belligerents have yet to replace the 1953 Armistice with a formal peace treaty. Given the current tensions between the United States and the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK), we’re likely to mark the 75th anniversary of an ongoing state of war in 2025—and possibly the subsequent 80th and 85th anniversaries will continue to see the war in that same state. Washington’s policy toward North Korea is a monument to U.S. foreign policy rigidity and failure.
For a brief period following the June 2018 summit meeting between President Trump and DPRK leader Kim Jong-un in Singapore, it appeared that a budding rapprochement was taking place and that it would soon produce a peace treaty. But that process stagnated over the next two years, and it has now turned to ashes. Kim’s government recently stated that the bilateral dialogue had failed to produce meaningful results and that Pyongyang no longer had an interest in conducting further negotiations with the Trump administration. Instead, the DPRK apparently will focus on expanding its small nuclear arsenal. Even more worrisome than the collapse of U.S.-DPRK negotiations is the breakdown of relations between Pyongyang and Seoul. The outreach that South Korean President Moon Jae-in initiated three years ago is on the verge of collapse. Indeed, Pyongyang severed all communications lines with the South.
Both actions may be simply Kim’s clumsy attempt to put all matters on hold until after the November U.S. presidential election. Until that event takes place, he has no way of knowing who will occupy the White House come January 2021. Kim could be facing four more years of dealing with Donald Trump, or he could have to consider negotiating options with a new interlocutor in Joe Biden. However, if Kim believes that a Biden administration might be more accommodating and flexible toward Pyongyang, he likely is making a miscalculation. Not only have Biden’s views on North Korea been thoroughly conventional over the decades, but many leading congressional Democrats have been shrill opponents even of Trump’s modest attempts to reach out to Pyongyang. U.S. policy toward North Korea might turn more hawkish, not less, during a Biden presidency.
Whoever is President for the next four years, there will be little progress toward ending the state of war and developing a normal relationship with Pyongyang. There is a bipartisan consensus in Washington supporting the longstanding U.S. demand that the DPRK commit to a complete, verifiable, and irreversible end to its nuclear weapons program. It is highly improbable that North Korean leaders will ever agree to take that step. They have seen how the United States has treated nonnuclear adversaries such as Serbia, Iraq, and Libya. Despite Trump’s rhetoric that Washington is no longer in the regime-change, nation-building business, the administration’s actions toward Syria, Yemen, and Venezuela suggest that forcible regime change remains a favorite U.S. strategy. Kim and his associates see a nuclear arsenal as the one reliable deterrent against such U.S. ambitions regarding the DPRK.
Unless U.S. leaders relinquish their quixotic quest for a nonnuclear North Korea and settle on more achievable objectives—such as limits on the size of a DPRK nuclear arsenal and on the number and range of ballistic missiles—there is almost no hope to overcome the ongoing impasse in negotiations. If that obstacle can be cleared away though, prospects become much better for resolving other important issues. The outcome could and should include the establishment of formal diplomatic relations between Washington and Pyongyang and the signing of a peace treaty bringing the Korean War officially to an end. Without a fundamental change in Washington’s objectives, however, the U.S.-DPRK cold war will continue, and a hot war remains a serious danger. Under these circumstances, we will be condemned five years from now to mark the 75th anniversary of the continuing Korean War.
Ted Galen Carpenter, a senior fellow in security studies at the Cato Institute and a contributing editor at the National Interest, is the author of 12 books and more than 850 articles on International affairs.
Click here to read the full article.