This news has been received from: fansided.com

All trademarks, copyrights, videos, photos and logos are owned by respective news sources. News stories, videos and live streams are from trusted sources.

Connor McDavid (Photo by Claus Andersen/Getty Images)

NHL players are growing frustrated with the league over a lack of safety protocol.

The NHL is creeping ever closer to July 10, the date that training camps are scheduled to begin, and there has still been no announcements regarding safety protocol for the league’s return to play or even just the hub cities that the season will take place in.

Understandably, the players are losing their patience with the league and are still hesitant about returning to play at all.

In a thread by Sportsnet’s Eric Engels on Twitter, Engels revealed his anonymous discussions with players from across the league who expressed their concerns about a return to play.

One player estimated that 75 percent of players do not want to return to play this summer, citing concerns about contracting the virus or suffering a serious injury ahead of the next season, whenever that may be. Another player claimed that the calls between the league NHLPA have been “a joke” that have only focused on the financial situation and not safety protocol.

According to Engels, all players he spoke to just want to some clarity on what their life is going to look like if they go through with this, and just how safe they will be in the proposed bubble.

The players are absolutely justified with their frustration with the league. July 10 is under two weeks away, and there are still next to no answers on anything that actually matters outside of the 24-team playoff format. There’s still no hub cities, no game schedule, and obviously no safety protocol.

Yesterday the NHL announced that 15 of the 250 players who had returned for optional practices had tested positive for Covid-19, and that 11 additional players who tested positive outside of the Phase 2 protocol. The NHL is hoping to get all positive tests down to zero once all players are in the bubble, but there is still no indication how that will work yet, even as other leagues like the NBA and MLS have announced their return to play plans.

But at least the NHL made sure that the draft lottery is all figured out, right? Nope, because the first overall pick still won’t be determined until after the play-in round.

Even though the hub cities announcement was supposed to come last week, hopefully it will come in the next couple of days because this is getting ridiculous. You cannot expect the players to be on board with anything before they even know where they’re going. It’s time for the NHL to figure this out once and for all.

Next: The NHL absolutely rigged the Draft Lottery

News Source: fansided.com

Tags: nba all star weekend

COVID-19 : Brazil would have at least 8 million people infected with COVID-19

Next News:

FC Dallas, Vancouver Whitecaps Match Postponed After 8 Players Test Positive For Coronavirus

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) – The MLS is Back Tournament match between FC Dallas and the Vancouver Whitecaps set for Thursday has been postponed after eight players tested positive for the coronavirus.

The group-stage game will be rescheduled, the league said Saturday.

FC Dallas announced earlier this week that six players had tested positive for the virus upon arrival in Florida for the tournament. The entire team was quarantined.

Two Whitecaps players tested positive, forcing the team to remain in Canada, the league said. Additional tests were negative, but the team had to push back travel until Monday.

The MLS is Back Tournament is set to open on Wednesday with a match between Orlando City and expansion Inter Miami.

The league’s 26 teams will be sequestered in hotels for the duration of the month-long tournament played without fans at the ESPN Wide World of Sports complex at Walt Disney World.

MLS shut down because of the coronavirus pandemic on March 12 after teams had each played two games.

FC Dallas said all players and staff tested negative for the coronavirus before leaving for the tournament on last Saturday. Upon arrival, two players tested positive. Subsequent tests found four more players infected with the virus that causes COVID-19.

“In consultation with MLS medical officials, FC Dallas took proactive steps to isolate the newly affected players as well as all FC Dallas players and staff in Orlando out of an abundance of caution. All members of the club delegation are following MLS health and safety protocols and will remain quarantined in their hotel rooms pending the results of further COVID-19 testing,” the team said in a statement.

The names of the players were not released.

The league said no other team was in contact with the FC Dallas delegation. League protocol requires players and staff to be tested every two days upon arrival in Florida.

FC Dallas will now open the tournament on July 15 against the Seattle Sounders, while the Whitecaps will play the San Jose Earthquakes later that day.

(© Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Other News

  • Dodgers pitcher David Price opts out of 2020 season
  • Reds might start Trevor Bauer every fourth day
  • Deputy commissioner Bill Daly remains confident NHL is on top of restart
  • John Shipley: Completing MLB season will be as difficult as winning it
  • Sports: On air highlights
  • College football season may be moved to spring amid coronavirus
  • Time to tip your cap to some great baseball players who were locked out of MLB
  • AP source: NFL to discuss unions desire to cancel preseason
  • Jeff Samardzija lights fire under owners in savage burn about fan-less games
  • Freddie Freeman among the Braves players to test positive for coronavirus, is not feeling great
  • Cardinals reliever Giovanny Gallegos arrival to training camp is delayed
  • J-League restarts after pandemic halts play for 4 months
  • American Coach Makes His Mark by Winning Austrian Title
  • American coach makes his mark by winning Austrian title
  • AP Source: NFL to Play Black Anthem Before National Anthem
  • Defending Champion Nats Return Healthy, Careful on Protocols
  • First day of training camp again for Dodgers: We’re all figuring it out as we go
  • Welington Castillo becomes the first Dominican player to decide not to play 2020 in the Major Leagues
  • NBA pause gives many players a chance to heal