This news has been received from: cvbj.biz

All trademarks, copyrights, videos, photos and logos are owned by respective news sources. News stories, videos and live streams are from trusted sources.

Giancarlo Stanton is ready to play in 2020 | Ron Vesely / .

Yankees slugger Giancarlo Stanton will be the team’s designated hitter once the 2020 season kicks off. This was announced by the team’s general manager, Brian Cashman, to the media on Tuesday.

Stanton has been recovering from a calf strain since last February and while he is practically recovered, the Yankees reported that he has not performed any outfield exercises so far, preferring to use him purely as a target.

Giancarlo Stanton has been out since late February with a right calf strain. Brian Cashman said that Stanton should be a full go as a DH option, but he hasn’t done any outfield drills yet.

– Bryan Hoch (@BryanHoch) June 30, 2020

Other injured players on the team such as James Paxton, Aaron Hicks and Aaron Judge will also be available early in the season.

Stanton could only play 18 games in 2019 and will now seek to be an important part of the team in this atypical 2020 season, which will be 60 games in his regular round.

News Source: cvbj.biz

Twitter Mocks Donald Trump For Repeatedly Struggling With Words Swift And Sweeping At Fourth Of July Speech

Next News:

Felix Hernandez, David Price and Ryan Braun latest in group of MLB All-Stars opting out of coronavirus-shortened 2020

FELIX Hernandez, David Price and Ryan Braun are the latest to join the group of Major League Baseball All-Stars opting out of a coronavirus-shortened 2020 season.

With 31 MLB players testing positive for COVID-19 and more than 2.8million confirmed virus cases across the United States, more players are choosing not to play during the coronavirus pandemic.

5 Felix Hernandez pitches on August 5, 2014 in Seattle, WashingtonCredit: Getty Images - Getty 5 David Price #33 and Zach McAllister #44 of the Los Angeles Dodgers are pictured during a workout earlier this yearCredit: Getty Images - Getty

Hernandez, Price, and Braun's decisions to opt-out of the 2020 season come as the first set of results for COVID-19 testing was revealed by the MLB and the Major League Baseball Players Association on Friday.

Major League Baseball decided to cut the 2020 season to 60 games amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, but players were given the option to opt out.

In a Saturday evening tweet, Hernandez's agent Wilfredo Polidor announced the player's decision to not take part in the upcoming season due to coronavirus fears.

Hernandez's manager Brian Snitker said he discovered the news the following day.

"He just evaluated where things were for his family and we support him," Snitker said, according to FOX5 Atlanta.

Price, pitcher for the Los Angeles Dodgers who was set to be a third starter this season, revealed his decision in statement on Saturday, which the team was also in support of.

5 David Price #33 is interviewed during a press conference on February 12, 2020Credit: Getty Images - Getty

The 34-year-old MLB player said: "After considerable thought and discussion with my family and the Dodgers, I have decided it is in the best interest of my health and my family's health for me to not play this season.

"I will miss my teammates and will be cheering for them throughout the season and on to a World Series victory. I'm sorry I won't be playing for you this year, but look forward to representing you next year.

"Stay safe, be well, and be kind. And Go Dodgers!"

The team also put out a statement, which read: "The Dodgers fully support David’s decision to sit out the 2020 season.

"We have been in constant contact with David and we understand how much this deliberation weighed on him and his family. "

Leftfielder for the Milwaukee Brewers, 36-year-old Ryan Braun, doesn't seem to be planning to take part in the 2020 season, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

In a Saturday interview, Braun told reporters: "I would say at this point, I'm more likely to play another year than I think I would have been."

5 Ryan Braun #8 of the Milwaukee Brewers is pictured on September 08, 2019 in Milwaukee, WisconsinCredit: Getty Images - Getty

Speaking after a Summer Camp 2020 workout, Braun explained: "To start with, we'll only play 60 games instead of 162 games, so obviously at this age and where I'm at in my career, it's very appealing to me to have the option to DH for a decent percentage of my at-bats.

"And this season will be an experience like we've never experienced before."

Last week, several players decided to opt out of the league's rescheduled season, citing health concerns amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Ryan Zimmerman and Joe Ross of the World Series-winning Washington Nationals were joined by Ian Desmond of the Colorado Rockies and Mike Leake of the Arizona Diamondbacks on Monday, just days before spring training is set to start.

Wellington Castillo, a catcher for the Washington Nationals, also opted not to play in the abbreviated baseball season.

5 In a Saturday interview, Braun told reporters: 'I would say at this point, I'm more likely to play another year than I think I would have been'Credit: Getty Images - Getty

On July 4th, Atlanta braves manager Brian Snitker announced that at least four players on his team tested positive for COVID-19 - just one day after the MLB announced that 31 out of the 3,100 players had tested positive for the virus.

Among the 31 MLB players with coronavirus is Freddie Freeman, Will Smith, Touki Toussiant and Pete Kozma, Snitker told reporters, according to WSB-TV.

The MLB and MLBPA are keeping the identities of players who tested positive hidden, unless the players allow for their names to be released.

Seven MLB staff members also tested positive for coronavirus, according to an MLB news release, which said the testing was "conducted as part of the mandatory Intake Screening process under MLB’s COVID-19 Health Monitoring & Testing Plan."

Nineteen different clubs were found to have at least one individual test positive during intake testing.

The MLB has included an opt-out option for players who have high-risk family members.

MOST READ IN NEWSDEADLY TURNWoman, 24, hit by wrong-way driver who plowed into Seattle protesters diesExclusive'MADAM' MONITOREDGhislaine on suicide watch after swapping life of luxury for cramped cell4TH FIREWORKSProtesters yell US ‘was never great’ & burn flag at Trump Tower & White HouseSWEATING NOW?'Bewildered' Andrew feels the heat as 'pimp' pal Ghislaine is snatched by FBIHORROR DEATHSFamily of 26-day twins ‘ripped apart’ by jealous pet Labrador break silenceBLOOD CITYGirl, 3, ‘shot in chest in Chicago drive-by shooting’ while playing in yard

In the MLB's COVID-19 return-to-play safety plan, the league explains that any players who are considered high-risk - meaning those with pre-existing conditions, compromised immune systems, etc. - can choose not to play in the shortened season and still receive their full salary and service time.

Whether or not MLB players should receive their full salaries and service time is left up to the teams.

As July 23, the expected start date of the shortened season.

Watch baseball star Masahiro Tanaka take sickening blow to the head after monster swing from Giancarlo Stanto

Other News

  • JD Martinez supports decision to have designated hitter throughout MLB
  • Ryan Braun now open to playing in 2021 due to shortened season
  • Blazers TV announcer Kevin Calabro steps down before restart of NBA season
  • Cardinals Andrew Miller said its not certain MLB can play the 2020 season
  • Shohei Ohtani is on his birthday and we review his best moments as a hitter and pitcher
  • From Gus Fring to Adam Clayton Powell Jr., Giancarlo Esposito plays "the humanity of all people"
  • JD Martinez supported the decision to have a designated hitter in the entire MLB
  • Yankees need Miguel Andujar to bounce back in 2020
  • Blackhawks Brent Seabrook will try to play in NHL postseason and qualifying rounds
  • Madison Bumgarner not happy about MLB universal designated hitter rule
  • Yankees are hit with two major injuries in one day to extend bad luck
  • What will happen to Félix Hernández after announcing that he will not play in the 2020 MLB season?
  • American coach makes his mark by winning Austrian title
  • Soccer-mad Argentines get kicks at social distance with human foosball
  • New York Yankees projected Opening Day batting order is stacked
  • Watch baseball star Masahiro Tanaka take sickening blow to the head after monster swing from Giancarlo Stanton
  • Pitcher Masahiro Tanaka gets a tremendous hit on the head
  • Yankees’ Masahiro Tanaka’s scary damage newest blow in scary time
  • Yankees pitcher Masahiro Tanaka ‘all good’ after hit in head by line drive