This news has been received from: FOX News

All trademarks, copyrights, videos, photos and logos are owned by respective news sources. News stories, videos and live streams are from trusted sources.

Buffalo protester Martin Gugino was released from the hospital Tuesday after spending nearly a month there for injuries he sustained when two police officers pushed him to the ground.

Gugino, 75, is currently recovering at an undisclosed location in an effort to shield his privacy, according to ABC 7.

Two Buffalo police officers pleaded not guilty to assault earlier this month after they were seen on camera shoving Gugino to the ground during a George Floyd protest.

Gugino's attorney Kelly Zarcone spoke on his behalf and thanked those who took care of him while he received medical care.

"Martin wants to thank the entire hospital staff for their exceptional dedication and professionalism," she said. "He received truly outstanding care and for that, he is grateful."



Officers Robert McCabe and Aaron Torgalski were both charged with second-degree assault, a class D felony. They were each released without bail after a hearing and are scheduled to return to court on July 20.

Zarcone had previously claimed that Gugino suffered a fractured skull and brain injury as a result of the June 4 encounter with authorities.

“I am not at liberty to elaborate at this time other than to confirm that his skull was fractured," she told CNN in a statement two weeks ago.


Zarcone added: "While he is not able to walk yet, we were able to have a short conversation before he became too tired. He is appreciative of all of the concern about him but he is still focused on the issues rather than himself."

Fox News' Chris Irvine and Louis Casiano contributed to this report.

Nick Givas is a reporter with Fox News. You can find him on Twitter at @NGivasDC.

News Source: FOX News

Tags: security innovation computers video games military tech security innovation computers video games military tech

Khloe Kardashian Models the Same Hoodie as Sofia Richie, Says It Makes Her Look ‘So Young’

Next News:

Protester who said he was hit by car charged with filing false report

A protester who claimed to have been hit by a car on Long Island was charged Wednesday with filing a false report, police said.

Keith Harrison was at the Black Lives Matter protest in Huntington Station Monday around 6:45 p.m. when a man struck one of the marchers with his SUV, according to Suffolk County Police.

Harrison, 56, allegedly filed a police report stating that he’d also been hit — but an investigation proved otherwise, cops said.

Police have said that another man was injured when Anthony Cambareri allegedly plowed into the group of about 20 marchers.

Jeremiah Bennett, 26, bounced off the hood of the vehicle and sustained damages to his wrist, arm and back, the Long Island Herald reported Wednesday.

“This man tried to kill people with his car,” Bennett wrote on Facebook, according to the paper.

Another protester posted a video of cops catching up with Cambareri after the crash, in which he can be heard telling them: “This man hit one of our protesters with his car.”

Cambareri, 36, was charged with third-degree assault and given a desk appearance ticket. A date for his arraignment has not yet been set.

Harrison, meanwhile, was nabbed at home in Milford on Wednesday afternoon. He was issued a desk appearance ticket on a count of falsely reporting an incident in the third degree.

His arraignment in First District Court in Central Islip is set for July 28.

Other News

  • Seattle driver who hit BLM protester charged with vehicular homicide
  • Vice President Mike Pence, Joe Biden Expected To Emphasize Pennsylvanias Importance As Battle Ground State During Visits Thursday
  • Driver who struck Seattle protester on closed highway charged with felony vehicular homicide
  • German Exports Regain Ground in May, but a Long Way to Go
  • German exports regain ground in May, but a long way to go
  • Driver who hit Seattle protester charged with felony vehicular homicide
  • Man shot Tuesday in South Minneapolis dies of wounds
  • Video shows 7 employees at a Michigan youth facility pinning a Black teen to the ground for 12 minutes. He died of cardiac arrest 2 days later.
  • Protest held outside Mount Vernon Hospital after ICU closed, nurses laid off
  • Wycombe striker Adebayo Akinfenwa claims he was called ‘fat water buffalo’ by Fleetwood representative in play-off win
  • Bills hire Sinnarajah as VP of business administration
  • A 26-year-old woman died during childbirth in a New York City hospital, another loss in a tragic trend affecting women of color
  • Why hospitals keep their prices secret
  • How much to water plants during hot weather from a local horticulturist
  • COVID-19: Many Pushing For Mount Vernon Hospital To Stay Open Amid Outbreak
  • We are safe and ready to care for you
  • Portland Demonstrators Engage in Night of Rage to Protest Death of BLM Protester
  • VIDEO: Black Lives Matter protester punches black reported Trump supporter in the face — immediately gets arrested
  • Street shooting leaves 4 dead, 3 wounded in New Jersey