Jul 01, 2020
Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Gimenez Orders Closure Of On-Site Dining After Midnight
This news has been received from: cbslocal.com
All trademarks, copyrights, videos, photos and logos are owned by respective news sources. News stories, videos and live streams are from trusted sources.
MIAMI (CBSMiami) — Miami-Dade Mayor Carlos Gimenez has signed an amendment ordering the closure of on-site dining from 12:01 a.m. to 6 a.m. around the county.
Amendment 5 to Emergency Order 23-20 goes into effect at 11:59 p.m. Wednesday, July 1.
“We must take this action to tamp down Miami-Dade County’s recent rise in COVID-19 cases,” said Mayor Gimenez.“Too many people were crowding into restaurants late at night, turning these establishments into breeding grounds for this deadly virus.”
Restaurants may continue to operate their kitchens past midnight for pick-up and delivery service.
- Download The New CBS4 News App Here
News Source: cbslocal.com
Allegheny Co. Lifts Some Restrictions To Allow Outdoor Dining, Some Alcohol And Lager Gatherings Outside
PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – Allegheny County has issued a new two-week order banning indoor dining but allowing bars and restaurants to serve food outside while also allowing groups of no more than 50 people to gather. Customers will also be limited to three drinks and using tobacco products, including e-cigarettes, isn’t allowed.
Faced with a surge in coronavirus cases, the county moved quickly last week to shutdown in-person operations and indoor seating at restaurants and bars. Now, as potential lifeline to those businesses, they are loosening those restrictions.
This new order rescinds the one on June 28 and July 2 and takes effect at 12:01 a.m. Friday.
“Outdoor dining isn’t as dangerous,” says Allegheny County Executive Rich Fitzgerald.
The county health department says mostly younger vacationers returning from hotspot beaches spread the virus in crowded bars.
“What we’re tying to do is be strategic in stopping activities that spread the virus and allowing activities that seem to be safe,” says Fitzgerald.
After being closed for the past week, Joe Tambellini is throwing out food and is now preparing to reopen, but while he may soon able to serve people on his six tables outside, his 24 indoor table must remain off limits to the public.
“I call this takeout on steroids,” he says. “You get to serve a couple of people outside. It’s not enough to survive.”
Tambellini says without indoor dining, restaurant like his can’t make it. And while he gives the county credit for trying, he says restaurants need more help.
“We’re at the end of the rope. We don’t figure this out and quickly, it’s going to be annihilation for everybody, and I’m saying everybody,” he says.
“I mean it’s the best they can do right now. It’s a strange world we live in right now.”