Jul 05, 2020
Ghislaine Maxwell, Kevin Spacey once sat on Buckingham Palace thrones
This news has been received from: newsbrig.com
All trademarks, copyrights, videos, photos and logos are owned by respective news sources. News stories, videos and live streams are from trusted sources.
Her majesty would not be amused.
In this newly surfaced photo from 2020, Ghislaine Maxwell, the just-captured accused madam of convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein, sits on Queen Elizabeth II’s throne during a private tour of Buckingham Palace.
At her side in the matching, plushly upholstered throne of Prince Philip, is actor Kevin Spacey.
Then the artistic director of London’s Old Vic Theatre, Spacey would face sex assault allegations of his own in the UK and US, though all would eventually be dropped.
The two visited the palace with former President Bill Clinton, a Spacey pal who has also weathered his share of sex scandals.
And they were all there at the palace at the invitation of Prince Andrew, the Telegraph reported Saturday, in releasing the startling snap, obtained by The Post.
Andrew, of course, has been accused by Epstein’s alleged “sex slave” Virginia Giuffre of bedding her at Maxwell’s behest when she was only 17.New York Post cover for July 5, 2020
The thrones sat upon by Maxwell and Spacey were used by the Queen and Prince Philip, Andrew’s mum and dad, for her 1953 coronation — and it is considered a breach of royal protocol for anyone else to sit in them, the Telegraph notes.
The Throne Room is only accessible through public tours of the palace or during state visits and official royal functions, the paper says.
“Going anywhere near the thrones is a total no-no,” a source told the Sunday Times of London.
Clinton– in London at the time for an address before Britain’s Labour Party –flew to the UK with Maxwell aboard Epstein’s private jet, nicknamed the “Lolita Express” for the underage girls often found on board.
News Source: newsbrig.com
Time Out New York reportedly ends print edition due to coronavirus
Time Out New York is ending its 25-year-old print edition as part of a global retrenchment by the London-based parent company due to the coronavirus.
At its peak prior to the pandemic, the sassy magazine — a guide to local events and culture — had been published in over 40 cities around the work. Post pandemic, it’s down to a handful, including London, Madrid and Barcelona, Julio Bruno, CEO of Time Out Group, told the Financial Times.
“The group is unlikely to resume printing in the US and Portugal with other territories under review by management,” Bruno said.
It resumed its first print edition after the pandemic started in London as a tribute to founder Tony Elliott, who passed away last month. Elliott had started with a single publication in London in 1968 and launched Time Out New York in 1995. It was popular among young people with listings that mined cheap entertainment and less expensive dining and bar venues.
Initially, it was a paid circulation title, but in 2015 after a successful conversion to free circulation in London, TONY followed suit in New York and initially paid newsstand hawkers to hand out the weekly magazine for free at subways and other transport terminals.
The company even before the pandemic had been struggling: The FT reported losses last year of $26.7 million. But despite the print pullback, the company digital editions in 328 cities in 58 countries and that effort will continue, Bruno said.
The print edition in London will initially be monthly and will circulate 250,000 copies. “We’ll have to see what the public and advertisers want,” he said.Filed under Coronavirus , magazines , publishing , time out new york , 8/12/20