Jul 05, 2020
When do the NHL playoffs start? Key dates, schedule & more to know for hockeys 2020 return
This news has been received from: msn.com
All trademarks, copyrights, videos, photos and logos are owned by respective news sources. News stories, videos and live streams are from trusted sources.
How Bachelor Nations Cutest Couples Are Celebrating Fourth of July Weekend Here’s why U.S. struggles with the coronavirus could lead to Europe’s stock market taking the lead When do the NHL playoffs start? Key dates, schedule & more to know for hockeys 2020 return
After months of chaos, confusion and commotion in the hockey world, fans have an answer to the all-important question: Yes, there will be a 2020 Stanley Cup champion.
NHL commissioner Gary Bettman announced in May that the league was moving ahead with a 24-team playoff format in which 12 teams from each conference would participate in a modified postseason. There are still a few kinks to work out, but at the moment we can start looking forward to having playoff hockey this year.
Here's an updated look at when we can expect NHL hockey to resume and the Stanley Cup playoffs to begin:When do the NHL playoffs start in 2020?
According to the latest reporting, including by TSN.ca's Frank Seravalli, play will begin Aug. 1, less than three weeks after the opening of training camps on July 13. Games will be played in two Canadian "hub cities": Toronto and Edmonton. The conference finals and Stanley Cup Final reportedly will be held in Edmonton. The Stanley Cup Final is expected to be completed in early October.How will the Stanley Cup playoffs work?
Before the playoffs officially start, there will be a "qualifying round" in each conference. The top four seeds in each conference will receive a bye from this round, leaving the fifth through 12th seeds in each conference to face off for the remaining spots in the playoff bracket. These series will be best-of-five matchups, with playoff overtime rules in effect. The winners will move on to face the top four seeds in the next round.
While that's going on, the top four seeds will play a round-robin tournament to determine their seeding for the first round of the playoffs. If these games go to overtime, then they will be played under regular-season overtime rules. If there is a tie in points at the conclusion of the round-robin, then points percentages from the regular season will be used as a tiebreaker.
After the playoff bracket is set, each playoff series will be a best-of-seven, from the first round through the Stanley Cup Final.
MORE: Connor McDavid endorses playoff format, discusses role in NHL's return to playNHL standings, playoff bracket
Twenty-four teams (12 in each conference) will compete for the Stanley Cup:Eastern Conference
|2||Tampa Bay Lightning||43-21-6||.657|
|7||New York Islanders||35-23-10||.588|
|8||Toronto Maple Leafs||36-25-9||.579|
|9||Columbus Blue Jackets||33-33-15||.579|
|11||New York Rangers||37-28-5||.564|
|1||St. Louis Blues||42-19-10||.662|
|3||Vegas Golden Knights||39-24-8||.606|
|New Jersey Devils||28-29-12||.493|
|Los Angeles Kings||29-35-6||.457|
|San Jose Sharks||29-36-5||.450|
|Detroit Red Wings||17-49-5||.275|
This section will be updated after the schedule is announced.Updated odds to win the 2020 Stanley Cup
|Tampa Bay Lightning||+600|
|Vegas Golden Knights||+850|
|St. Louis Blues||+1100|
|Toronto Maple Leafs||+2700|
|New York Islanders||+4000|
|New York Rangers||+4000|
|Columbus Blue Jackets||+6500|
|* Fanduel.com odds as of July 4.|
Video: Is it Bad an NHL Team That is Returning to Play Will Land First-Overall Pick? (RADIO.COM)Click to expand Replay Video UP NEXT
- Hundreds Of Protesters Gather In Downtown Pittsburgh Protesters remained peaceful as they took to the streets of Downtown Pittsburgh on the Fourth of July. KDKAs Shelby Cassesse spoke with some of the demonstrators to understand their message. CBS Pittsburgh
- Jersey Shore businesses prepare for July 4th revelers as COVID-19 restrictions put in place Its an Independence Day weekend at the Jersey Shore unlike any other as thousands flocked to the beach with COVID-19 restrictions still in place. 12 News New Jersey
- Reporter Update: City Of Pittsburgh Fireworks Task Force To Enforce Laws KDKAs Chris Hoffman provides the latest on how the city of Pittsburgh will be approaching the use of fireworks this 4th of July weekend. CBS Pittsburgh
- Is it Bad an NHL Team That is Returning to Play Will Land First-Overall Pick? RADIO.COM 1:27
- Hundreds Of Protesters Gather In Downtown Pittsburgh CBS Pittsburgh 2:14
- Jersey Shore businesses prepare for July 4th revelers as COVID-19 restrictions put in place 12 News New Jersey 0:59
- Reporter Update: City Of Pittsburgh Fireworks Task Force To Enforce Laws CBS Pittsburgh 1:01
- Las Vegas veteran, family receive surprise new car KTNV Las Vegas, NV 0:48
- Jersey Shore Beaches Crowded As July 4th Weekend Begins CBS New York 2:17
- City Of Pittsburgh Warns Residents Following 2 Fireworks-Related Fires And An Injury CBS Pittsburgh 0:29
- Masks are a means to freedom from coronavirus and its burdens MSNBC 2:00
- Amusement Parks, Arcades Reopen Along Jersey Shore In Time For July 4th Weekend CBS New York 3:10
- Businesses along the Jersey Shore prepare for 4th of July weekend ABC 6 Philadelphia 2:24
- Coronavirus Q&A: If there is a vaccine released in the next year, would you get one? WMUR Manchester 0:36
- Doctor reacts to Mass. governor's Phase 3 reopening WCVB Boston 2:15
- Amusement Parks, Water Parks, Arcade Games Reopen In New Jersey CBS New York 3:01
- Kings Island finally opens, with lots of changes WCPO Cincinnati, OH 2:04
- NJ casinos, amusement parks among businesses reopening ABC 7 New York 2:41
- Legislators looking into a second round of stimulus checks WGGB – Western Massachusetts 2:56
- NFL on Windows Free
News Source: msn.com
Can Jimmie Johnson Still Make It to the NASCAR Playoffs?
With four races to go, the NASCAR playoff standings are still changing. Ten drivers have won races in 2020. They have secured spots in the 2020 NASCAR Cup Series playoffs.
Only four races in the regular season imply that there won’t be in excess of 14 race champs in 2020. All race victors will make the post-season.
Kevin Harvick won Sunday’s NASCAR Cup Series race at the Michigan International Speedway. He was the one who won Saturday’s race at the same track.
The principal Saturday-Sunday Cup Series doubleheader at the two-mile oval in Michigan was easily bulldozed by Kevin Harvick.
Ryan Blaney and Brad Keselowski are the main drivers who didn’t complete Sunday’s race. The Team Penske drivers smashed close to the start of Stage 3.
They crashed while fighting for the lead. Keselowski jabbed his vehicle underneath Blaney and lost control. This sent them both colliding in the wall.
The Michigan local had high expectations of winning his first home race. However, the race didn’t end well for Brad Keselowski.
READ MORE- NASCAR Starts a Hilarious Campaign to Name Everything After Jimmie JohnsonCan Jimmie Johnson make it to the NASCAR playoffs
William Byron sits on the last spot in the standings for the playoffs. He was able to extend his lead after a couple of strong NASCAR Cup Series races at the Michigan International Speedway this weekend.
Byron was 15 points ahead of Tyler Reddick before the Michigan Doubleheader. Byron left Michigan with the lead on Erik Jones and Jimmie Johnson for the final playoff seat. Reddick is now 36 points behind Byron.
For the end of the week, Byron was able to increase one point on Johnson. However, he lost five points to Jones. It is looking tough for the 7-time Champion as only 4 races are left.
Jimmie has only 2 Top-5 finishes as of now in the 2020 NASCAR Cup Series. It will require some strong performances from the 44-year-old to ride out into the sunset a happy man.
SOURCE- NBC Sports- NASCARAbhay Aggarwal
I am an avid follower of Formula One, Baseball, Cricket, and Lawn Tennis