Jul 31, 2020
Seahawks Insider Gives Key Update on Antonio Brown
This news has been received from: Heavy.com
All trademarks, copyrights, videos, photos and logos are owned by respective news sources. News stories, videos and live streams are from trusted sources.
Getty Antonio Brown wants to be paired with Russell Wilson for the Seattle Seahawks.
The Seattle Seahawks have officially started training camp, but the question for many fans is what additional players may be joining the team. The Seahawks continue to be linked to Antonio Brown, and The Seattle Times’ Bob Condotta reported that the wide receiver could receive a decision soon about his potential suspension.
“Rumblings around the league Sunday said Brown could get word this week,” Condotta explained. “If he’s cleared- or if the suspension is short- expect to again also hear rumblings about Seattle possibly pursuing Brown.”
The question is if the Seahawks are willing to take on some of the off-the-field baggage that accompanies the receiver. According to ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler, the Seahawks have already conducted a “deep dive” on Brown just in case they are able to sign the receiver.
“The Seahawks have done a deep dive on Brown,” Fowler said, via CBS Sports. “…They feel they have a good grasp on who he is both as a player and as a person. Several teams are on hold as they are waiting on a suspension. The NFL has not tipped its hand on how many games Brown will be suspended for his issues, but at will be at least some. That’s what every team expects.”
Brown had threatened to retire, but appears to have backed off that stance with a resolution in-sight.The Seahawks Cannot Be Ruled Out for Signing Brown
Condotta went on to explain that the Seahawks should not be ruled out for signing Brown. If Brown is signed, the Seahawks are likely banking on his relationship with Russell Wilson. Earlier this offseason, Brown posted a video of himself working out with the Seahawks quarterback at Wilson’s home in San Diego.
“But, as noted above, the Seahawks added some cap room over the weekend and appear to have enough to make it work with Brown,” Condotta added. “…The Seahawks, though, would bank heavily on Brown’s relationship with Wilson and Wilson’s influence to smooth out his transition to Seattle. In other words, you can’t rule out the Seahawks signing Brown, even if it still seems unlikely.”
So far, details about Brown’s suspension have not been released. The NFL has been conducting an ongoing investigation into sexual assault accusations levied against the receiver.A.B. Called Out the NFL After Threatening to Retire
Brown recently took to social media to threaten his retirement over his frustration stemming from a lack of an NFL ruling on his potential punishment. It did not take long for Brown to backtrack and attempt to put pressure on the NFL.
“@nfl I have complied with each and every ask of your investigations throughout the past 11 months,” Brown noted on Instagram. “You have had access to all of my phones, you know what the deal is in each and every situation that the media has distorted. I have been seeing the therapist you asked me to, I have worked on all aspects of my life this past year and have become a better man because of it.”
Brown went on to say that he feels his status is in “limbo” and wants to “talk to these teams properly” with a resolution on his suspension.
“The fact that you refuse to provide a deadline and the reason for the fact you won’t resolve your investigations is completely unacceptable,” Brown continued. “I demand you provide me clarity on this situation immediately if you really care about my wellbeing. My legal team continues to ask and you provide no answers. How is it that the league can just drag it’s feet on any investigation it chooses on players and we just have to sit there in limbo? Need an update so I can talk to these teams properly, they’re waiting on you @nfl let’s get this thing moving! We’ve got history to make!! #Himmothy”
READ NEXT: Jamal Adams Has Bold Message for Seahawks Fans After Trade
News Source: Heavy.com
Tags: nfl antonio brown football nfl seattle seahawks breaking news 5 fast facts crime celebrities politics nfl basketball ufc college football soccer golf wags baseball television celebs music movies google apple android microsoft apps smartphones news xbox one ps4 mobile pc games accessories disney plus shopping the seahawks the seahawks
Top US general David Petraeus demands Britain gives urgent sanctuary to Afghan translators who helped our heroes on the battlefield
A former top US general last night demanded Britain speed up its efforts to give Afghan interpreters sanctuary.
David Petraeus called on Home Secretary Priti Patel to follow America’s swift actions or risk them being targeted by the Taliban.
The former director of the CIA said the US and UK owed a moral obligation to translators, adding: ‘Each of us witnessed their service first hand.’
Gen Petraeus served as commander of US and Nato forces in Afghanistan from 2010 to 2011.
General David Petraeus (pictured) has urged Home Secretary Priti Patel to offer sanctuary to Afghan interpreters just as the US has done through a special immigrant visa scheme. It comes as the Mail revealed how interpreters have been targeted by the Taliban because of their work
His excoriating comments came after senior British military figures General Lord Richards and General Lord Dannatt urged ministers to ‘do the right thing’ and give interpreters sanctuary.
Gen Petraeus said: ‘I agree with my old friends Richard Dannatt and David Richards that we owe a considerable debt to the host nation translators who served alongside our soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan.
'We know the hardships they shared with our men and women on the ground as well as the risks their service with our forces incurred for them and their families.’
He said the US had resettled their translators through a special immigrant visa scheme and non-profit organisation No One Left Behind.
Gen Petraeus added: ‘I would hope that the Home Office will expedite approval for visas for wartime translators, just as our State Department has, so their fate is not decided by the Taliban or Isis.’
No One Left Behind is a nationwide association of wartime allies in the US dedicated to ensuring America keeps its promise to interpreters in Iraq and Afghanistan.RELATED ARTICLES
- Translator's daughter, 6, reveals ordeal after she was... We are failing our heroes: Families of Afghan interpreters...
The organisation’s James Miervaldis, who served in both Iraq and Afghanistan as an army reserve and campaigned for his interpreter to be given a visa to the US, said: ‘There is a sustained, systematic and targeted campaign by the Taliban to carry out retribution against interpreters who worked with US and UK forces.’
He said that since October 2001 several hundred translators and their relatives have been killed because of their work.
One victim and his family were beheaded while waiting for their American visas.
Mr Miervaldis’ comments back up the Mail’s revelations of how interpreters have been targeted by the Taliban because of their work.
A former interpreter for Prince Harry during one of his tours in Afghanistan is one of those who were offered a visa to study in the US after being refused help by the UK.
Parwiz Khan, 33, who worked for frontline British forces for more than five years, said: ‘The British approach to me was hugely disappointing and a complete contrast to what happened in the US, who were compassionate and recognised both my service and the very real threat.
‘This is unlike the British, who did not want to know.’
He spent two months working with Prince Harry in 2008 at Base Dwyer in Gamrsir, Helmand.
Khan produced medical records showing he had been shot three times near the UK’s Camp Bastion base, claiming he was targeted because of his work for the British.
US General David Petraeus' comments follow calls issued by General Lord Dannatt (left) and General Lord Richards (right) for the UK to help Afghan interpreters avoid persecution
Translators said at least four colleagues who worked with UK forces have been given visas in the US.
Some 445 Afghans, plus 872 family members, have been allowed to live in the UK – a total of 1,317
According to No One Left Behind, 68,418 Afghan translators and their family members have been given visas to move to America.
There are believed to be around 150 more translators still desperate to come to Britain.
The Daily Mail’s Betrayal of the Brave campaign is pressing for them to be given sanctuary.
We revealed last month how ministers promised 50 would be allowed into the UK under a new scheme, but only two came in two years.
A Government spokesman said: ‘The Home Secretary and Defence Secretary remain committed to ensuring a fair system for the resettlement of Afghan interpreters and met last week to resolve outstanding issues.’