Aug 01, 2020
TikTok Responds to News of Trump Ban With Well With a TikTok Video: Were Not Planning on Going Anywhere
This news has been received from: mediaite.com
All trademarks, copyrights, videos, photos and logos are owned by respective news sources. News stories, videos and live streams are from trusted sources.
On Friday night, President Donald Trump told the press aboard Air Force One that “as far as TikTok is concerned, we’re banning them from the United States.” On Saturday, TikTok said they aren’t going anywhere.
The news that the President was planning to take action against TikTok floated for a while before on Friday morning, it was reported that he was looking specifically at forcing the Chinese company to divest their U.S. holdings. Then on Friday night, he was more explicit, saying he’ll be signing and order banning the company in the country as soon as Saturday.
On Saturday morning, TikTok responded with a TikTok video message from U.S. general manager Vanessa Pappas, saying “we’re not planning on going anywhere.”
A message to the TikTok community. pic.twitter.com/UD3TR2HfEf
— TikTok (@tiktok_us) August 1, 2020
“I want to say thank you to the millions of Americans who use TikTok every day bringing their creativity and joy into our daily lives. We’ve heard your outpouring of support, and we want to say thank you, we’re not planning on going anywhere,” said Pappas.
She brought up their contributions to the economy and the job market, and claimed that on safety and security, “we’re building the safest app, because we know it’s the right thing to do.”
“We appreciate the support,” Pappas concluded. “We’re here for the long run, and continue to share your voice here and let’s stand for TikTok.”
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]
News Source: mediaite.com
Robert Lewandowski’s £166k-a-week Real Madrid contract from 2013 leaked with £10m signing-on bonus and paragliding ban
REAL MADRID'S contract offer to Robert Lewandowski back in December 2013 has been leaked, revealing all the numbers and unusual looking clauses.
The Pole was in fantastic form for Borussia Dortmund at the time, having destroyed Real Madrid in the previous year's Champions League semi-finals - netting four times in the first leg and sending his team to Wembley.2Robert Lewandowski signed for Bayern Munich in 2014Credit: Getty - Contributor
By the opening months of the 2013-14 season, however, it appeared clear that Lewandowski would not be signing renewed terms with Jurgen Klopp's men - making him a free agent at the end of the campaign.
Naturally his signature was highly in-demand, with Real Madrid and Bayern Munich jostling for position.
And while he ended up crossing the Bundesliga to join the Bavarian giants - images obtained by Polish outlet Onet Sports reveal that he did in fact receive a concrete offer from Madrid.
The documents show that he was offered around £166,000-a-week to go to the Bernabeu - as well as an eyewatering £10million signing-on fee.
While salaries get dished around, fans are rarely privy to the specific clauses that go into a high-profile star's contract.
But this one gives a glimpse into the sort of restrictions placed upon prized assets.TRANSFER NEWS LIVE: Breaking news, juicy gossip and the biggest deals
Should he have joined Real Madrid, Lewandowski would have been banned contractually from skiing, paragliding, climbing, going on a motorboat or even riding a motorbike.
But as it happens, Lewandowski had already verbally agreed to join Bayern Munich at the time - with rip-roaring success to follow.
While the Champions League has so far eluded him, the 31-year-old has won six Bundesliga titles and three DFB Pokals in his time at the Allianz Arena.2The Pole produced a stunning four-goal performance as Dortmund destroyed Real Madrid in 2013Credit: AFP Most read in FootballPAQ IT INWatch Ronaldo barge Paqueta before storming down tunnel after missing pen
He has bagged a scarcely believable 242 goals in 285 games - remaining arguably Europe's most-feared marksman.
In fact such was his form this season, that he is perhaps the man that can feel most aggrieved by France Football axing this year's Ballon d'Or because of the coronavirus pandemic.
Lewandowski had been the bookies' favourite to win the award.Ballon d’Or 2020 AXED for first time in 64 years due to coronavirus in blow to favourite Robert Lewandowski