This news has been received from:

All trademarks, copyrights, videos, photos and logos are owned by respective news sources. News stories, videos and live streams are from trusted sources.

Federal prosecutors have charged a man for allegedly tossing an “incendiary object” earlier this week at the Mark O. Hatfield Courthouse in downtown Portland, where law enforcement officers have been quelling the nightly unrest caused by far-left extremists. 

The suspect, 18-year-old Gabriel Agard-Berryhill, appeared in court on Friday after turning himself into authorities on Thursday, according to Oregon Live.

[He] told federal officers that an unknown man in a ski mask handed him what he thought was a spinner-type firework that would rotate with varied colors when lit.


He admitted he lit the device, described as the size of a piece of chalk, and threw it over the fence, according to Amanda Johnson, an agent with the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

According to the prosecutor’s office, investigators identified the suspect by reviewing video and photographic evidence.

According to court documents, at approximately 11:50pm on July 28, 2020, security cameras at the Hatfield Federal Courthouse captured footage of a large incendiary object enter the building’s portico area and land near plywood sheeting affixed to the building’s façade. A few seconds later, the object exploded, igniting a fire near the building’s main entrance. Federal law enforcement personnel collected various items near the site of the explosion and sent them to a Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) laboratory for further analysis.

ATF investigators reviewed social media posts from the night of the explosion and located videos of the incendiary object being thrown. The individual depicted throwing the object, later identified to be Agard-Berryhill, was a young, Caucasian male wearing a green colored vest, camouflage pants, and a mask. Investigators observed the person in other protest-related videos posted online wearing the same vest and attempting to hold a shield in front of a naked woman.

The prosecutor’s office also noted that an online product review for a green vest contained a picture of a person matching the description of the suspect.

“I got this [vest] for my grandson who’s a protestor [sic] downtown, he uses it every night and says its [sic] does the job,” said the product review.

He has since been released until his next court appearance. If he is convicted, the arson charge can carry minimum 5-year prison sentence and a maximum of 20 years in prison. 

Amid nationwide unrest over the death of George Floyd, the city of Portland has held a steady stream of day-time protests that, by night, have become sources of violence against federal property and law enforcement officers. 

“No legitimate protest message is advanced by throwing a large explosive device against a government building. Mr. Agard-Berryhill’s actions could have gravely injured law enforcement officers positioned near the courthouse, other protesters standing nearby, or himself,” said U.S. Attorney Billy Williams. “I applaud the ATF agents and U.S. Marshals Service deputies who worked quickly to identify Mr. Agard-Berryhill before he had an opportunity to hurt others.”

“The violent opportunists engaged in dangerous acts of violence, such as arson, need to realize there will be grave consequences,” said Russel Burger, U.S. Marshal for the District of Oregon. “Serious crimes of this nature go beyond mere property damage to the courthouse and endanger people’s lives.”

As The Daily Wire previously reported, the Trump administration and the state of Oregon have reached an agreement to scale back the presence of federal agents on the condition that Oregon State Police can quell the unrest themselves.

“And if they don’t do it, we will send in the National Guard and we’ll take care of it,” said Trump on Thursday during a press conference.

“These are people who are allowed to go forward and do what they have to do,” he said, adding that Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler and Democratic Gov. Kate Brown would be working to “clean out this beehive of terrorists” in the city over the next couple of days.

The Daily Wire is one of America’s fastest-growing conservative media companies and counter-cultural outlets for news, opinion, and entertainment. Get inside access to The Daily Wire by becoming a member.

News Source:

Tags: portland riots law enforcement agard berryhill

Amazon’s best-selling sleep mask is just £6.99 – and shoppers ‘can’t do without it’

Next News:

5-year-old North Carolina boy allegedly killed by neighbor laid to rest

Family and friends gathered Thursday to lay to rest a little North Carolina boy who always had a smile on his face — as the motive for his senseless murder over the weekend remained a mystery.

“[You] can’t imagine what it’s like to hold your son in your arms with a gunshot wound to the head, and his blood is running down your arms,” Austin Hinnant told WRAL-TV before the funeral for his 5-year-old son Cannon.

Darius Sessoms, 25, has been charged with walking up to the boy late Sunday afternoon and shooting him in the head at point-blank range, according to police and witnesses. Cannon was killed as he rode a bike in his father’s front yard in Wilson. The boy’s two sisters, 7 and 8 years old, were with him when he was shot, according to reports.

Hinnant told the station he and Sessoms were next-door neighbors. He had Sessoms over to his house the night before for dinner. They drank a beer together on the porch, he said.

“There wasn’t anything between me and him, any bad blood whatsoever, for him to have a reason to do this,” Hinnant said, the station reported.

He said he ran to Cannon after he heard the gunshot from inside the house.

“I screamed, ‘Somebody, please help me save my son! Help me God save my son, please,’” Hinnant said.

Darius SessomsWilson Police Department

He said he saw Sessoms pacing with a gun in his hand, get in a car and then drive off.

“I was looking at him as I was picking up Cannon,” he said. “I was so full of rage, but I couldn’t leave my son’s side. I wanted to be with my son.”

A police spokesman said Thursday he had no information about a motive for the shooting, according to the station.

The station also reported that the boy’s death had reached far beyond the Wilson community.

Cannon’s funeral Thursday drew hundreds of mourners to the Shingleton Funeral Home in Wilson.

“Cannon was the type of kid that was always polite, kind of laid back, but he was a beautiful little kid,” Cannon’s grandfather, Merrill Race, told the station outside the funeral home.

Police said Sessoms has been charged with first-degree murder and was being held without bail.

WRAL reported interviewing Sessoms’ parents, who said they were deeply saddened by what happened to Cannon.

They said they believe their son was on drugs and having hallucinations at the time of the shooting, the station reported.

Other News

  • Portland Police Declare Unlawful Assembly Amid Protests
  • Portland police declare unlawful assembly amid protests
  • R Kelly’s manager ‘threatened mass shooting at cinema if manager didn’t stop screening of Surviving R Kelly documentary’
  • Suspect Arrested In Murder Of 17-Year-Old In Stoughton
  • Hayden Panettiere’s Ex Brian Hickerson Charged With Influencing Witness
  • Mom, Grandmother Arrested In Brooklyn Park Shooting That Left 2-Year-Old Injured; Another Suspect Still At Large
  • Talbot County Council Votes To Keep Confederate Statue
  • Israel hits Gaza militant sites after incendiary balloons
  • Tracy Road Rage Shooting Suspect Arrested
  • Stopped: Ex-con Allegedly In Possession Of A Firearm Arrested
  • Suspect Arrested After Barricading Inside Public Transit Bus
  • Wayfair Pulls Towel Depicting Deity After Hindus Object
  • Wayfair pulls towel depicting deity after Hindus object
  • Sheriff: Suspect Put Auburn Convenience Store Clerk In Chokehold, Threatened Deputies
  • Ronnie Ortiz-Magro and Jen Harley are trying to co-parent after domestic violence case
  • San Francisco homicide: Daytime shooting on downtown street
  • Oregon state police ending protest duty, leaving Portland
  • Women Behind Trash Removal Service That Allegedly Dumped Garbage In Woods Are Arrested
  • State police leaving Portland after two weeks of protecting federal courthouse targeted by vandalism