Aug 01, 2020
Trump campaign to resume TV ads on Monday with new targets in its sites
This news has been received from: FOX News
All trademarks, copyrights, videos, photos and logos are owned by respective news sources. News stories, videos and live streams are from trusted sources.
After going dark on TV for a few days this week, President Trump’s re-election campaign is expected to return to the airwaves with new ads starting Monday.
And sources close to the Trump campaign tell Fox News that when the commercials resume, they’ll be targeting a group of states that are among the first to start early voting and absentee voting in late September.That appears to be a shift from the campaign’s previous strategy of launching ad blitzes across most of the key general election battlegrounds, regardless of when voting begins in those states.
TRUMP CAMPAIGN TAKES RARE BRIEF PAUSE IN RUNNING TV ADS
The president previewed the upcoming on-air assault, tweeting on Friday afternoon that “We are doing a new ad campaign on Sleepy Joe Biden that will be out on Monday. He has been brought even further LEFT than Crazy Bernie Sanders ever thought possible.”
While the Trump campaign would not show its cards and reveal in which states the spots will run, the battlegrounds of Florida, Michigan, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin all start sending absentee ballots to registered voters in September. And Michigan and the swing state of Minnesota allow in-person absentee balloting starting in late September.
The Trump campaign on Wednesday started taking a brief pause in running TV ads in order to fine-tune the campaign’s strategy. The Trump campaign told Fox News on Thursday that “with the leadership change in the campaign, there’s understandably a review and fine-tuning of the campaign’s strategy. We’ll be back on the air shortly, even more forcefully exposing Joe Biden as a puppet of the radical left-wing.”
CHANGE AT THE TOP: STEPIEN TAKES OVER AS TRUMP CAMPAIGN MANAGER
That change in leadership came a couple of weeks ago, when veteran campaign operative Bill Stepien replaced Brad Parscale as Trump’s campaign manager.
“It makes sense that a newly minted campaign manager, stepping up from the deputy role, would want to look at things and take inventory, and figure out where we would want to move with some strategic targeted messaging,” Trump campaign national press secretary Hogan Gidley told Fox News on Friday night. “We’re going up full force with some targeted ad buys the first part of next week.”
The Trump campaign has vastly outspent the campaign of Democrat challenger Joe Biden to run TV and digital commercials since the start of the general election campaign in April.
The move to take a brief ad blitz pause comes as the president trails Biden in national polling and, more importantly, in the latest surveys in the key battleground states.
The move also came as the former vice presidents campaign is stepping up its game – spending roughly $30 the past two weeks to run TV, digital and radio commercials in the key battlegrounds. That’s a dramatic increase compared to what they had been spending prior to mid-July.
THE LATEST FROM FOX NEWS ON THE 2020 PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN
This past week Biden’s campaign was running spots this week in six key battleground states: Florida, Arizona, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Michigan, and Wisconsin. Those are the same six states the Trump campiagn is likely to start targeting in the upcoming weeks.
On Thursday the Biden campaign touted that they were also going up with ads in Ohio, a quadrennial swing state that Trump won by 8 points four years ago but where recent polls show a close contest for the state’s 18 electoral votes.
CLICK HERE FOR THE FOX NEWS APP
With a reduced but still significant campaign cash advantage over Biden, Trump is far from done when it comes to the ad wars. According to Advertising Analytics, a major ad tracking firm, the Trump campaign already has a whopping $146.5 million pre-booked to run commercials from Labor Day through Election Day.John Roberts currently serves as the chief White House correspondent for FOX News Channel (FNC). He joined the network as a senior national correspondent in January 2011, based in the Atlanta bureau.
News Source: FOX News
Death Valley to hit scorching August record of 127F on Monday amid wildfires and 34million in heatwave warning
DEATH Valley in California, is set to hit a record-high 127 degrees next week, as massive wildfires continue to rip across the state.days Credit: The Weather Channel 5Many of the heat alerts go into effect Friday and remain through early next weekCredit: National Weather Service
Most of the heat alerts go into effect Friday and remain through early next week. Record highs are also expected in the coming days across major cities like Las Vegas, Phoenix, Tucson and Salt Lake City.
In Death Valley - which is known for extremely hot temperatures - it's expected to reach 126 degrees on Sunday and 127 on Monday.
These would be the highest temps recorded in the area so late into the summer.
Death Valley still holds the record for the hottest air temperature ever recorded - 134 degrees Fahrenheit - which was set in July 1913.5The heat wave is also expected to come with unusual humidity for CaliforniaCredit: Rex Features
The heat will be especially dangerous because it is also expected to be unusually humid because of moisture in the region caused by the now-dissipated Hurricane Elida.
"Usually, California heat waves mean a dry heat, which is a saving grace," climate scientists Daniel Swain said, according to The Daily Mail.
"But what's unusual here are the remnants of Hurricane Elida, which are adding significantly more moisture into the atmosphere and will make California much muggier."
The added humidity makes a big difference in the public health threat "in a bad way," Swain added.5Southern California has also been dealing with massive wildfires Credit: Getty Images - Getty 5The fire was zero percent contained as of Thursday morningCredit: Getty Images - Getty
In neighboring states, temperatures in Las Vegas and Phoenix are expected to soar to 113 and 115 respectively on Sunday.
Aside from extremely high temperatures, southern California is also dealing with a massive bush fire that has overtaken more than 10,000 acres of land.
The blaze has caused multiple evacuations and was zero percent contained as of Thursday.
Angeles National Forest Fire Chief Robert Garcia said that "tremendous work" was done overnight Wednesday to try to contain the blaze in the area around Lake Hughes and Pine Canyon.Most read in NewsWILD CLAIMSCohen says Trump witnessed ‘golden showers in sex club’ & ‘cheated in election'WON’T DELIVERTrump admits he’s BLOCKING stimulus plan in bid to stop mail-in votingHORRIFYING FINDCouple arrested after baby’s body is found in a bucket of TAR in a shed'I COULDN'T SAVE HER'Mom who blogged about daughter's 'freak' death gets life for murder'KILLED THEM BOTH'Jealous man 'killed mothers of his kids, including one who was pregnant'STILL SPEAKING OUTHow did Herman Cain die and who is tweeting from his account?
"It was a tremendous firefight to protect lives and property in that area," he said.
Fire crews have reportedly been called in from Los Angeles, Culver City Beverly Hills, Santa Monica and Ventura County, according to The Daily Mail.
The cause of the blaze is not known at this time.