This news has been received from: newsbrig.com

All trademarks, copyrights, videos, photos and logos are owned by respective news sources. News stories, videos and live streams are from trusted sources.

As questions circulate of the potential of a pause or cancellation of the 60-game season, the first big name has opted out since the abbreviated campaign began.

Brewers center fielder Lorenzo Cain is done, the team announced on Saturday, as their series with the Cardinals had their first two games postponed this weekend due to a number of positive COVID-19 tests from Cardinals players and staff members.

“Lorenzo Cain has informed us that he will not participate for the remainder of the 2020 season,” Brewers president of baseball operations John Stearns said in a statement. “We fully support Lorenzo’s decision, and will miss his talents on the field and leadership in the clubhouse.”

Cain’s decision comes hours after Marlins infielder Isan Diaz opted out, with the 24-year-old announcing his decision on Instagram. While Diaz has reportedly not tested positive, more than 20 members of the Miami traveling party have since last week, forcing MLB to investigate the team’s practices.

Cain and Diaz join a number of high-profile players who opted out, including players such as Dodgers left-hander David Price and Nationals infielder Ryan Zimmerman who did so prior to the start of the season. But Cain is the biggest name to do so in-season as the virus has spread, leading to several postponed games and two teams – the Marlins and Phillies – being off since last Sunday.

Commissioner Rob Manfred told union president Tony Clark on Friday that the season was in danger, if teams and players didn’t start handling the pandemic better, The Post reported.

News Source: newsbrig.com

New Jersey woman gives birth to quadruplets in Phoenix hospital

Next News:

Herman Cain’s Twitter account creeps everyone out by continuing to post after his death

Although Republican activist and one-time Godfathers Pizza CEO Herman Cain — who served as co-chair of Black Voices for Trump — died from COVID-19 on July 30, new posts from his Twitter account, @THEHermanCain, have appeared this week. And according to The Guardian’s Adam Gabbatt, Cain’s allies have decided to keep the account active with tweets on this week’s events.

One of the posts appeared after former Vice President Joe Biden, on Tuesday, chose Sen. Kamala Harris as his running mate. Another post, added on Thursday, attacked Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer.

Just in case you thought Biden’s candidacy was going to be anything other than completely nuts, team Trump has released a new video. #JoeBiden #KamalaHarris https://t.co/GjAC8VDaVF

— The Cain Gang (@THEHermanCain) August 12, 2020

Whitmer told Biden no? Er, why are we skeptical? Oh, right, because this is Gretchen Whitmer we’re talking about. #2020election #GretchenWhitmer #JoeBiden #KamalaHarris https://t.co/ykl0pQhzuw

— The Cain Gang (@THEHermanCain) August 13, 2020

Gabbatt explains that Cain’s daughter, Melanie Cain Gallo, has offered some clarification on the new tweets. According to Gallo, “We’ve decided here at Cain HQ that we will go on using this platform to share the information and ideas he believed in. He often talked about the site going on once he was ready to step away from it. We had hoped he could enjoy reading it in his retirement, but he made it clear he wanted it to go on.”

Gallo also said that new tweets from her father’s social media accounts will “go under the name The Cain Gang.”

But initially, the name on the account hadn’t been changed — “Herman Cain” still seemed to be tweeting — and no explanation for the new posts was given. The posts appeared exactly as they would have had Cain tweeted them while he was alive, leading many to react to the disconcerting situation in shock.

@Jack is a dead person allowed to have their account used to spread propaganda?

— David Weissman (@davidmweissman) August 13, 2020

@Jack is a dead person allowed to have their account used to spread propaganda?

— David Weissman (@davidmweissman) August 13, 2020

@Jack is a dead person allowed to have their account used to spread propaganda?

— David Weissman (@davidmweissman) August 13, 2020

@Jack is a dead person allowed to have their account used to spread propaganda?

— David Weissman (@davidmweissman) August 13, 2020

@Jack is a dead person allowed to have their account used to spread propaganda?

— David Weissman (@davidmweissman) August 13, 2020

Gabbatt points out that although the social media accounts of rock icon David Bowie and others “continued after their deaths,” they “tended to adopt more of a third-person tone” than recent tweets from @THEHermanCain.

Other News

  • Seven NFL officials opt out of 2020 season due to coronavirus concerns
  • Brennah Black Opts To Go Topless In Sheer Black Lingerie On Instagram
  • Sunny Beach hotels to shut for the rest of the summer as Brits fail to return to Bulgaria holiday hotspot
  • MLB roundup: Darvish dominates as Cubs edge Brewers
  • Darvish Takes No-Hitter Into 7th, Cubs Beat Brewers 4-2
  • Yu Darvish gets revenge on Christian Yelich nearly a year in the making
  • Yu Darvish Takes No-Hitter Into 7th As Cubs Beat Brewers
  • Darvish takes no-hitter into 7th, Cubs beat Brewers 4-2
  • Darvish Has No-Hitter Through 6 Innings for Cubs Vs Brewers
  • Darvish has no-hitter through 6 innings for Cubs vs Brewers
  • NBA Commissioner Adam Silver Says Season Restart Has Gone Better Than What We Had Envisioned
  • [FOTOS] See what Rashel Díazs new life is like
  • Bryant held out of Cubs lineup versus Brewers
  • Habs coach Claude Julien rushed to hospital, wont coach rest of series vs Flyers
  • Kamala Harris announcement brings Herman Cain’s Twitter account back from the great beyond
  • Kings Sink 21 3s, Roll To Win As Lakers Rest Most Starters
  • Kings sink 21 3s, roll to win as Lakers rest most starters
  • Celtics Backups Lose To Wizards In Final Seeding Game
  • Bryants 26 lead Wizards past Celtics for 1st win in restart