This news has been received from: wtop.com

All trademarks, copyrights, videos, photos and logos are owned by respective news sources. News stories, videos and live streams are from trusted sources.

CLEVELAND (AP) — David Njoku has done an end around with the Browns.

After demanding a trade last month, the tight end indicated on Saturday that he has changed his mind. The 2017 first-round draft pick tweeted, “I’m all in Cleveland. Time to work.‘’

Apparently unhappy that the Browns signed free agent Pro Bowl tight end Austin Hooper and then drafted Florida Atlantic tight end Harrison Bryant this spring, Njoku had his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, ask the Browns to deal him to another team.

But he’s reported to camp and is now seemingly content with his role.

Rosenhaus told the AP in a text message that Njoku has had “some good meetings with new Browns organization, including first-year GM Andrew Berry and he has decided to give the team his full commitment right now and go from there.”

From the outset, the Browns said they had no intention of trading Njoku. And on Thursday, first-year Browns coach Kevin Stefanski, who favored using tight ends while he was Minnesota’s offensive coordinator, said he was eager to work with the 24-year-old.

“My stance hasn’t changed,” Stefanski said. “The organization’s stance hasn’t changed in that we believe in David, excited to work with him. I will get to finally be in the same room as him this weekend as he is coming in for physicals and then get out on the field with him Monday. Excited to work with him.”

The Browns took Njoku with the 29th overall pick three years ago. The former Miami standout was productive in his first two seasons, catching 88 passes for 1,025 yards and scoring eight touchdowns.

Njoku was hoping to have a big season in 2019, but he broke his wrist in Week 2 against the New York Jets and underwent surgery. He returned for the final four games, and finished with just five catches for 41 yards.

___

More AP NFL: https://apnews.com/NFL and https://twitter.com/AP_NFL

Copyright © 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, written or redistributed.

News Source: wtop.com

AMC announces new reopening plan after facing mask policy backlash

Next News:

Trump administration seeking to ease environmental standards for shower heads

The US government has proposed loosening environmental standards for shower heads in the wake of complaints from the commander-in-chief about weak-flowing fixtures.

The Department of Energy proposal would effectively allow shower fixtures to include multiple nozzles that would each be allowed to spray out 2.5-gallons per minute — a standard set by Congress in 1992.

But as newer shower fixtures came out with multiple nozzles, the Obama administration in 2013 defined the restrictions to apply to the total flow. So if there are four nozzles, no more than  2.5 gallons should come out between all four in a minute.

Energy Department spokeswoman Shaylyn Hynes said the Obama definition of a shower head clashes with what Congress intended, along with standards of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers.

If the rule is adopted, she said it would allow “Americans — not Washington bureaucrats — to choose what kind of showerheads they have in their homes.”

The plan follows recent comments from President Trump during a White House event on changing the regulations, in which he said water simply does not come out fast enough from present-day fixtures.

“So what do you do? You just stand there longer or you take a shower longer? Because my hair – I don’t know about you, but it has to be perfect,” Trump said.

“People are flushing toilets 10 times, 15 times, as opposed to once,” the president told a meeting of small business leaders.

Consumer and conservation groups claimed the proposal is unnecessary and wasteful.

With four or five or more nozzles, “you could have 10, 15 gallons per minute powering out of the showerhead, literally probably washing you out of the bathroom,” said Andrew deLaski, head of the energy conservation group Appliance Standards Awareness Project.

DeLaski and officials at Consumer Reports said there’s been no public demand or need for change.

The Department of Energy’s own database of 12,499 shower heads showed 74 percent of them use two gallons or less water per minute, which is 20 percent less than the federal standard.

With Post Wires

Filed under bathrooms ,  donald trump ,  water ,  8/13/20

Other News

  • Epic Games Sues Apple For Allegedly Violating Antitrust Laws
  • FBI Seeking Woman In Arson Of LAPD Squad Car During George Floyd Protests
  • Travis Kelce cashing in with huge extension from Chiefs
  • Eagles cant put off paying Zach Ertz any longer
  • Tulsa Commits $5.6M of Virus Relief to Get Students Online
  • Epic Games is suing Apple
  • Analyst Rips Paper Thin Browns QB Baker Mayfield
  • 49ers Kyle Shanahan Explains Anxiety with TEs Contract Negotiations
  • George Kittle contract details: Breaking down the 49ers tight ends record deal and why hes worth it
  • Travis Kelce agrees to four-year extension with Chiefs
  • VIDEO — Americans Respond to Boy Seeking Adoption: I Hope One of Yall Pick Me
  • 2020 Fantasy Football TE Rankings: Is Rob Gronkowski still a starting tight end?
  • 2020 Fantasy Football Kicker Rankings: Justin Tucker leads the way
  • 49ers Shatter NFL Records with Stars New Extension: Report
  • George Kittle gets record-breaking $75 million contract from 49ers
  • 49ers pay George Kittle, time for more yards after cash
  • 49ers sign George Kittle to record-breaking deal
  • Vermont Commits Money to Finish 93-Mile Trail in 2 Years
  • Trump administration seeking to ease shower head standards