Aug 02, 2020
Delaware man sentenced for murder and abusing corpse
This news has been received from: wtop.com
All trademarks, copyrights, videos, photos and logos are owned by respective news sources. News stories, videos and live streams are from trusted sources.
WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) — A man has been sentenced to more than a decade in prison for murdering a Delaware man and abusing his corpse.
James Kline was sentenced Friday to 16 years in prison for the murder of Jeremy Chisom, who was missing for months before police found his body behind Kline’s home in the Christiana Acres community near New Castle in May 2019.
Kline was initially charged with first-degree murder and other charges, but pleaded guilty to second-degree murder and abuse of a corpse. That charge that stemmed from him trying to dispose of Chisom’s body by burning it behind his home.
Copyright © 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, written or redistributed.
News Source: wtop.com
Man Found With Stolen Laptop, Heroin Charged For String Of Thefts From Vehicles On Long Island
Police officers on patrol on Long Island busted a person of interest in multiple vehicle larcenies who was found in possession of a stolen laptop and drugs.
Far Rockaway resident Darion Torres, who was wanted for questioning in connection to several larcenies from autos in Nassau County was stopped by police at approximately 4:20 a.m. on Saturday, Aug. 8 on Westwood Road.
According to police, at the time of the stop, Torres was in possession of a stolen laptop computer and a green-colored vaporizing device containing a substance believed to be THC, 26 wax paper envelopes containing a tannish brown substance believed to be heroin and was placed under arrest without incident.
Further investigation determined that Torres stole cash and credit cards from multiple vehicles between Monday, July 27, and Saturday, Aug. 8 in the following locales:
- Farnum Street in Lynbrook on Monday, July 27;
- Evergreen Avenue in Lynbrook on Monday, July 27;
- Surrey Commons in Lynbrook on Monday, July 27;
- Peninsula Boulevard in Lynbrook on Monday, July 27;
- Meadowview Road in Hewlett Bay Park on Tuesday, Aug. 3;
- Crystal Court in Hewlett on Tuesday, Aug. 3;
- Franklin Avenue in Hewlett. twice on Saturday, Aug. 8.
Torres, 23, was charged with:
- Third-degree grand larceny;
- Seven counts of fourth-degree grand larceny;
- Fourth-degree grand larceny;
- Unauthorized use of a vehicle;
- Eight counts of petit larceny;
- Fourth-degree criminal possession of stolen property;
- Six counts of fifth-degree criminal possession of stolen property;
- Two counts of seventh-degree criminal possession of stolen property;
- Two counts of criminal possession of a controlled substance;
- Criminal possession of a hypodermic instrument.
Torres was arraigned in First District Court in Hempstead on Sunday, Aug. 9.