Aug 02, 2020
Ellen Show Executive Producer Says Nobody Is Going Off the Air Amid Workplace Investigation
This news has been received from: msn.com
All trademarks, copyrights, videos, photos and logos are owned by respective news sources. News stories, videos and live streams are from trusted sources.
Thousands to evacuate as Apple Fire grows in Southern California Ground beef recall 2020: JBS Food Canada recalls more than 38,000 pounds of meat Ellen Show Executive Producer Says Nobody Is Going Off the Air Amid Workplace Investigation © Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images - Luca Teuchmann/WireImage
Executive producer Andy Lassner shared his thoughts on the future of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, amid the "toxic" workplace investigation.Lassner replied to a fan on Twitter who questioned if the daytime talk show would be canceled.
The Twitter user wished him well in response to another tweet, also writing that "If the Ellen show goes off the air due to all these allegations…I hope you are able to find employment quickly."
Lassner replied, "Nobody is going off the air."
Nobody is going off the air.
And #GoKingsGo— andy lassner (@andylassner) July 30, 2020
Warner Bros. Television sent an internal memo last week informing staffers that WarnerMedia would be seeking the services of an independent third-party firm, which will interview current and former employees about their experiences behind the scenes on the popular daytime talk show, after one current and 10 former employees anonymously spoke with BuzzFeed News about their experience on The Ellen DeGeneres Show in an article published July 16.
A rep for the show declined to comment on the reports regarding the investigation.
No specific claims against host Ellen DeGeneres were made, however, the article said that the producers made the set a "toxic work experience" for many. Among the claims were mentions of being fired after taking medical leave or bereavement days, with others claiming they were told not to speak to DeGeneres if she was in the office.
On July 17, Lassner, along with EPs Mary Connelly and Ed Glavin, expressed their regret over the former employees' experiences in a statement released to ET.
"Over the course of nearly two decades, 3,000 episodes, and employing over 1000 staff members, we have strived to create an open, safe, and inclusive work environment. We are truly heartbroken and sorry to learn that even one person in our production family has had a negative experience," Lassner, Connelly and Glavin said in the joint statement. "It’s not who we are and not who we strive to be, and not the mission Ellen has set for us."
"For the record, the day to day responsibility of the Ellen show is completely on us," the statement added. "We take all of this very seriously and we realize, as many in the world are learning, that we need to do better, are committed to do better, and we will do better."
Additionally, in an internal letter sent to show staff, obtained by ET on Thursday, DeGeneres apologized and affirmed that she was committed to "having conversations about fairness and justice."
"On day one of our show, I told everyone in our first meeting that The Ellen DeGeneres Show would be a place of happiness – no one would ever raise their voice, and everyone would be treated with respect," DeGeneres wrote in her letter. "Obviously, something changed, and I am disappointed to learn that this has not been the case. And for that, I am sorry. Anyone who knows me knows it’s the opposite of what I believe and what I hoped for our show."
DeGeneres said she was glad the problems had been brought to her attention and noted that she and Warner Bros. were taking steps to "correct the issues," pending the results of their internal investigation.
In a statement to ET, Warner Bros. offered more information on the internal investigation, saying that they, and DeGeneres, "take the recent allegations around the show’s workplace culture very seriously."
For more on DeGeneres' note, see below.Ellen DeGeneres Apologizes to Talk Show Staff in Letter Addressing Misconduct Claims
This video is unavailable because we were unable to load a message from our sponsors.
If you are using ad-blocking software, please disable it and reload the page.Embed CodeRestart
Video: Ellen DeGeneres Apologizes to Talk Show Staff in Letter Addressing Misconduct Claims (ETonline)Click to expand Replay Video UP NEXT
- Fans Praise Lisa Bonet After Ex Lenny Kravitz Wishes Jason Momoa Happy B-Day Lisa Bonet trended on Twitter on Saturday, August 1, after her ex-husband, Lenny Kravitz, wished her current husband, Jason Momoa, a happy 41st birthday. “Happy Birthday @prideofgypsies,” the “Let Love Rule” singer, 56, captioned a black-and-white Instagram photo with the Aquaman star. “One family. One love.” “Love you ohana. Miss u,” Momoa commented on the […] US Weekly
- Zayn Malik Returns to Instagram After 1Ds 10-Year Anniversary Zayn is back! The 27-year-old singer returns to Instagram to share a selfie with his followers one week after One Directions 10-year anniversary. Watch! E! Online
- Dan + Shay Talk Writing Their Newest Song in Only TWO Hours (Exclusive) ETs Rachel Smith spoke with the country duo about touring, babies and life in quarantine. ETonline
- Ellen DeGeneres Apologizes to Talk Show Staff in Letter Addressing Misconduct Claims ETonline 2:14
- Fans Praise Lisa Bonet After Ex Lenny Kravitz Wishes Jason Momoa Happy B-Day US Weekly 1:34
- Zayn Malik Returns to Instagram After 1D's 10-Year Anniversary E! Online 1:11
- Dan + Shay Talk Writing Their Newest Song in Only TWO Hours (Exclusive) ETonline 2:17
- PEOPLE Now: Full Episode July 31st People 35:12
- First Stream (07/31/20): New Music From Beyoncé, Billie Eilish, Sam Smith, Burna Boy and Nicki Minaj | Billboard Billboard 1:19
- Former ‘Ellen’ Staff Spoke Out About "Rampant" Sexual Harassment From Producers Hello Giggles 1:06
- Remembering British Director of 'Fame', 'Midnight Express' and 'Mississippi Burning' Alan Parker | THR News The Hollywood Reporter 1:15
- Christian Holub Reviews the Second Season of ‘The Umbrella Academy’ Entertainment Weekly 2:03
- 90 Day Fiance's Paul Staehle Claims Karine and Son Are Missing After Fight US Weekly 4:48
- "Taskmaster" Peek: Iain Stirling Kisses His Inanimate Friend E! Online 0:34
- ‘The Osbournes Want To Believe’ in Everything From Bigfoot to Aliens in New TV Series ETonline 1:45
- RHOP's Gizelle Bryant Says the Drama Led to 'Great Conversations' About Representation People 9:46
- Lil Wayne Partners With Gudda Gudda & Jay Jones for 'Thug Life' Video | Billboard News Billboard 1:00
- Tennis Superstar Naomi Osaka Clapped Back at Critics of Her Bikini Selfie Hello Giggles 0:46
- Brad Pitt Scores Emmy Nomination for Playing Dr. Fauci on 'SNL' & More News | THR News The Hollywood Reporter 2:08
News Source: msn.com
Lucid makes a run for Tesla with luxury EV sedan with a record 517 miles of range per charge
The Lucid Air sedan is expected to go into production at a plant in Arizona in 2021.Lucid
The first all-electric car from Lucid Motors is expected to set a new industry benchmark — and record — with more than 500 miles of range per charge, easily topping leading EVs from Tesla, General Motors and others.
The California-based start-up Tuesday said its Lucid Air sedan is estimated to achieve an EPA-rated range of 517 miles on a single charge. The results were verified by engineering consulting firm FEV North America.
"It's unprecedented. It's a big step forward," Peter Rawlinson, Lucid Motors CEO and chief technology officer, told CNBC. "How we were able to achieve that is a holistic view of all the technology in the car."
Most electric vehicles on the market today have a range of under 300 miles, while GM and others have said their future vehicles could top 400 miles. A version of Tesla's industry-leading Model S sedan has an EPA-rated range of 402 miles per charge.
Lucid took a slight jab at Tesla, Rawlinson's former employer, in a teaser video last week on social media of an odometer accelerating to 402 miles and then speeding past it.
Lucid, a company backed by Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund, announced the estimated range ahead of unveiling the final version of its Air sedan on Sept. 9. The car is expected to begin production next year at a plant being constructed in Arizona.
Lucid previously said the Air would achieve more than 400 miles. Rawlinson, a former vice president of vehicle engineering at Tesla, said the increase in driving distance was a result the company's advancements in technology.
Rawlinson attributed the vehicle's increase in range to Lucid's in-house electric motors, design and aerodynamics, among other things. The company also cited the experience of its Atieva technology division, which supplies battery packs to the Formula E electric racing circuit.The interior of a Lucid Air on display at the New York Auto Show on April 13, 2017.Robert Ferris | CNBC
Recently, Tesla CEO Elon Musk told Automotive News that the company "could make the 500 range car right now," but it would increase costs and reduce cargo capability. He said "but now people probably want about 300 miles over time."
Rawlinson, who was named CEO in April, declined to discuss the weight of the Air. Final design tweaks could affect curb weight, he noted. The vehicle is externally smaller than a Tesla Model S but roomier than a Mercedes-Benz S-Class, among the leaders in spaciousness for large executive cars, he said.
The CEO expressed as much ambition as pragmatism. While proud that the Lucid Air prototype was independently tested and notched a 517-mile rating, he repeatedly noted, "None of this matters," until Lucid is actually producing its vehicles.
Lucid is currently taking reservations for the Air through $1,000 refundable deposits. The company declined to disclose how many reservations have been made.
Production of the vehicle was expected to begin this year, however the coronavirus pandemic delayed the company's plans, Rawlinson said.
– CNBC's Lora Kolodny contributed to this report.VIDEO4:5804:58How Lucid Motors plans to differentiate itself from Tesla and NikolaSquawk on the StreetRelated Tags
- Tesla Inc
- General Motors Co