Aug 02, 2020
Barcelona President Downbeat on Neymar, Lautaro Transfers
This news has been received from: Heavy.com
All trademarks, copyrights, videos, photos and logos are owned by respective news sources. News stories, videos and live streams are from trusted sources.
Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu has offered a pessimistic update on the club’s hopes of signing Neymar and Lautaro Martinez this summer.
Bartomeu told Albert Masnou and Javier Giraldo at Sport that as things stand there is no chance of being able to bring Neymar back to the Camp Nou from French champions Paris Saint-Germain.
“In the current situation, no. PSG don’t want to sell either, which makes sense as he’s one of the best players in the world. Last summer we tried really hard (to sign him) but this summer we won’t even try.
“The club lost €200m between March and June. In the 2020/21 season, we expected to earn €1100m but that’s likely to be 30% less now. If the situation doesn’t improve, they won’t be people in the stands, at the museum or the shops and we’ll keep losing money. This will cause us to revise our spending plans and which ones can wait. We have to adapt.”
The Barcelona president was also downbeat about a potential move for Inter striker Martinez. He reiterated again that negotiations with the Nerazzurri have been put on hold but warned the club are not in a position to spend big.
“Barça have spoken to Inter about Lautaro over the last few weeks but the conversations have been put on hold by mutual consent. The current situation doesn’t allow for major transfer fees.”
Martinez had a €111 million ($130m) release clause in his contract which has now expired. Barcelona want to include players in any potential deal to bring the price down but Inter “would prefer cash,” according to ESPN’s Sam Marsden and Moises Llorens.
Follow the Heavy on Barcelona Facebook page for the latest breaking news, rumors and content!Barcelona to Trust in Youth Instead?
Barcelona’s financial situation means the club may not be able to bring in big-names this summer and could force the Catalan giants to trust in youth.
The club have already agreed deals for 20-year-old Braga forward Francisco Trincao, while 17-year-old Pedri is also due to arrive from Las Palmas.
Bartomeu has also talked up starlet Ansu Fati, describing the 17-year-old as crucial to the club’s future.
“Ansu isn’t for sale and is indispensable for the future of the club. He represents La Masia as someone who comes through the academy, learns and consolidates his place in the first team. He made the jump from the Juvenil side to the first team and there aren’t many players like him. Barça can’t sell Ansu, even if it might feel like an option to balance the books during a pandemic. We never considered letting him go.”
The teenager broke onto the scene in 2019-20 in impressive style, forcing his way into the first team and going on to score eight goals in all competitions.
Barcelona’s financial situation could be good news for the young attacking trio who look certain to see more game time at the Camp Nou next season if the club decide against dipping into the transfer market.
READ NEXT: Barcelona Plan to Increase Ansu Fati’s Buyout Clause to $353m
News Source: Heavy.com
Tags: soccer barcelona barcelona soccer sports breaking news 5 fast facts crime celebrities politics nfl basketball ufc college football soccer golf wags baseball television celebs music movies google apple android microsoft apps smartphones news xbox one ps4 mobile pc games accessories disney plus shopping
Jason Derulo appeared to knock Will Smith's teeth out after hitting him in the face with a golf club in a TikTok prank
Jason Derulo and Will Smith had an accident. Will Smith / Instagram
- Jason Derulo is maintaining his reign as the King of TikTok with a hilarious prank featuring Will Smith.
- Smith is shown trying to teach Derulo how to do the perfect golf swing in a TikTok video, but things go horribly wrong.
- After some assistance from Smith with perfecting his stance, Derulo appears to smack him straight in the face with the golf club.
- Something goes flying out of Smith's mouth, and when he smiles to the camera, it looks like he has a massive gap where his front teeth should be.
- "I've got a thing ... I'll be back," Derulo says and skulks away.
- "My turn," Smith says back. "I only need one swing. I only need one swing." He then picks up a club and hits Derulo in the knees, while "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" starts to play.
- Smith shared the video to his Instagram, where Derulo commented: "I know a good dentist ... text me back."
- Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.
And we never saw @jasonderulo again
A post shared by Will Smith (@willsmith) on Aug 9, 2020 at 1:20pm PDTAug 9, 2020 at 1:20pm PDT
- Read more:
- TikTok users can't get enough of this 'skinny house' outside of Chicago that has an abnormally narrow design
- An influencer got backlash for claiming Black slang terms belonged to internet culture. It highlights a common problem online.
- James Charles apologized to Alicia Keys after suggesting on Twitter that she shouldn't launch a beauty brand
- With 30 million TikTok followers and a new top 10 hit, Jason Derulo says he feels 'younger than ever'
- Jada Pinkett Smith says she learned she doesn't know Will Smith 'at all' while self-isolating together