This news has been received from: newsbrig.com

All trademarks, copyrights, videos, photos and logos are owned by respective news sources. News stories, videos and live streams are from trusted sources.

The Ellen DeGeneres Show executive producer says the show is not going off the air as workplace investigation continues. Executive producer Andy Lassner shared his thoughts on the future of show on Twitter, reports etonline.com. A Twitter user wished him well in response to another tweet, also writing that “If the Ellen show goes off the air due to all these allegations… I hope you are able to find employment quickly.

” Lassner replied: “Nobody is going off the air.” Ellen DeGeneres Addresses Workplace Misconduct Charges on Her Talk Show

Warner Bros. Television sent an internal memo last week informing staffers that WarnerMedia would be seeking the services of an independent third-party firm, which will interview current and former employees about their experiences behind the scenes on the popular show, after one current and 10 former employees anonymously opened about their experience on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” in an article. Ellen DeGeneres Apologises to Show’s Staff Over ‘Toxic Work Culture’ Allegations

No specific claims against host Ellen DeGeneres were made, however, the article said that the producers made the set a “toxic work experience” for many. Among the claims were mentions of being fired after taking medical leave or bereavement days, with others claiming they were told not to speak to DeGeneres if she was in the office.

On July 17, Lassner, along with executive producers Mary Connelly and Ed Glavin, expressed their regret over the former employees’ experiences in a statement. Additionally, in an internal letter sent to show staff, DeGeneres apologised and said that she was committed to “having conversations about fairness and justice”.

(The above story first appeared on News Brig on Aug 02, 2020 06:57 PM IST. For more news and updates on politics, world, sports, entertainment and lifestyle, log on to our website newsbrig.com).

} });

News Source: newsbrig.com

Tags: ellen degeneres

Fighting: Joshua vs Fury, deal found!

Next News:

Downtown Chicago To Be Shut Down Again To Prevent Looting, Vandalism

CHICAGO — The Loop will be closed off starting Monday night after widespread looting there earlier in the day.

Access to the area will be restricted 8 p.m.-6 a.m. daily for the foreseeable future, Mayor Lori Lightfoot and Supt. David Brown announced Monday morning. It’s not clear yet what will be closed off, but Lightfoot said the city is talking to the CTA and is looking at lifting bridges. Check back for updates.

The city does want to make it easy for people who live and work in the area to still travel into it, Lightfoot said.

But officials hope closing off the Downtown area can prevent more damage. Sunday night and Monday morning saw hundreds of people pour into the Loop and surrounding neighborhoods, where they broke into stores, stole and clashed with police. Two people were shot and 13 officers injured, and more than 100 people were arrested.

The unrest came hours after police shot a 20-year-old man Sunday in Englewood. In a statement, police said the man fired at police officers, who then shot him. He is recovering.

Hoping to control the crowds Downtown, the city lifted bridges over the Chicago River and shut down expressway entrances. The CTA temporarily suspended service into Downtown from Sunday night into Monday morning.

Similarly, at the end of May and beginning of June, the city shut down the area because of unrest over police killing George Floyd in Minneapolis.

At that time, the city blocked off roads, shut down bus and train service and raised the bridges to keep most people from being able to access the Loop. Only workers and residents were allowed in and out, and they had their identifying information checked by members of the National Guard.

The move was highly criticized, as it led to looting and vandalism moving into more residential neighborhoods.

This time, Lightfoot and Supt. David Brown said they’ll have police officers and city workers in the neighborhoods to protect businesses and residents.

Lightfoot also said she has no plans to bring in the National Guard.

Subscribe to Block Club Chicago. Every dime we make funds reporting from Chicago’s neighborhoods.

Already subscribe? Click here to support Block Club with a tax-deductible donation.

Other News

  • Howard Stern Advises Ellen DeGeneres to Change Her Image and ‘Just Be a Prick’
  • Howard Stern wants Ellen DeGeneres to embrace her mean-girl rep, more news
  • Trumps Newest Coronavirus Advisor Wants College Football To Happen: Theres No Reason To Shut Down Out Of Fear
  • Human Resource Professional Says Workers Are Afraid To Voice How They Feel About Returning To Workplace
  • Judge Gives US 3 Weeks to Detail Dakota Access Pipeline Options
  • Judge Gives U.S. Three Weeks to Detail Dakota Access Pipeline Options
  • Ellen DeGeneres Doing Great Amid Reports Of Sexual Misconduct, Toxic Workplace On Show
  • Las Vegas officials shut down Mrs. Nevada Pageant — hotel says its retribution for hosting Trump campaign rally
  • Belarus Has Shut Down the Internet Amid a Controversial Election
  • Portia de Rossi says wife Ellen DeGeneres is doing great amid show drama
  • Martin Birch dead at 71: Heavy metal producer behind Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath albums dies
  • Howard Sterns advice to Ellen DeGeneres: Just be a pk
  • Ellen DeGeneres should ‘change her whole image’ and just ‘be a p***k,’ shock jock Howard Stern advises embattled host
  • Sara Bareilles to star in Peacock comedy about a girl group
  • Longtime Street Fighter producer Yoshinori Ono departs Capcom
  • Las Vegas officials shut down Mrs. Nevada beauty pageant for violating health and safety guidelines
  • V Swaminathan, Veteran Tamil Producer Dies of COVID-19 in Chennai
  • Gallup Poll: 69 Percent of Americans Think Gender Equality Lags in Workplace
  • Martin Birch, Iron Maiden and Whitesnake producer, dies at 71