This news has been received from: abc7chicago.com

All trademarks, copyrights, videos, photos and logos are owned by respective news sources. News stories, videos and live streams are from trusted sources.

CHICAGO (WLS) -- The Archdiocese of Chicago will broadcast Mass in English from Holy Name Cathedral this weekend. Watch Mass at 9:30 a.m. Sunday on ABC 7 Chicago.

Mass will air on TV, at abc7chicago.com and in the ABC 7 Chicago app.

The move comes after both the Archdiocese of Chicago and the Joliet Diocese announced they would suspend all public masses because of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Some Masses have since resumed, but at a limited capacity.

New "Be Safe. Places of Worship" guidelines allow a maximum of 50 people per room or 25% of the room capacity at Chicago houses of worship, as long as required social distancing can be maintained, according to a release from Mayor Lori Lightfoot's office earlier this month. The guidance is in accordance with the city's Phase 3 reopening plan. Chicago has been working with various faith leaders to draft the guidelines, according to officials.

Houses of worship will also be required to provide sanitation stations, frequently disinfect facilities and ensure people wear facial coverings, according to the release.

However, the Chicago Department of Public Health recommends that the elderly or those with underlying health conditions continue to practice their faith from home.

"During this difficult time, it is particularly important that the faithful have access to the grace and comfort of Holy Mass," said Bishop Ron Hicks, vicar general of the Chicago Archdiocese.

Hicks said the church does not want to keep people from praying in faith.

News Source: abc7chicago.com

Tags: outbreak coronavirus catholic church coronavirus chicago church coronavirus outbreak coronavirus pandemic chicago archdiocese covid 19 pandemic covid 19 outbreak covid 19

Girl’s demise certificates lists COVID-19, however household says she was by no means examined

Next News:

Governor, Legislature Name Civil Rights Commissioners

CEDAR ATTANASIO, AP/Report for America

SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — The New Mexico Civil Rights Commission is now fully staffed following an announcement from Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham Friday that she has named the final three members of the nine-member group.

The panel was created through legislation in June during a special legislative session that was focused on state funding fixes in the wake of the coronavirus but included discussions around policing and racial inequity as protests raged following the death of Minneapolis resident George Floyd in police custody.

Under the legislation, the governor appoints three members and the Legislative council appoints six.

Lujan's appointees include retired State Supreme Court Justice Richard Bosson, of Santa Fe; former Belen police chief Victor Rodriguez; and current Second Judicial District Chief Judge Stan Whitaker, of Albuquerque, who oversees criminal cases.

Rodriguez sued his city after the mayor allegedly asked him to “look the other way" on infractions by officers, according to the Valencia County News Bulletin.

Lujan said in June that the commission will set her policing reform agenda for the 2021 legislative session.

The nine-member panel has until Nov. 15 to issue a report that considers changes to qualified immunity provisions that protect police officers from civil lawsuits. It is also tasked with recommending laws that create a civil right of action for violations of state constitutional rights.

The commission is required to be geographically and racially diverse.

Two of the governor’s appointees are Hispanic, and one is Black.

The state’s Legislative Council appointed six members to the commission on Wednesday: Gerald Byers, Kim Stewart, and Denise Torres, of Las Cruces; Zackeree Kelin and Mark Baker, of Albuquerque; and state Sen. Steve Neville, of Aztec. Biographical details on those appointees were not immediately available.

All together, the bipartisan commission includes four Democrats, three Republicans and three unaffiliated members.

___

Cedar Attanasio is a corps member for the Associated Press/Report for America Statehouse News Initiative. Report for America is a nonprofit national service program that places journalists in local newsrooms to report on undercovered issues.

Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Tags: New Mexico

Other News

  • Maher: Looks Like Progressive, Minority Police Chiefs Are Being Pushed Out in the Name of Social Justice
  • India's Modi Says Ready to Mass Produce COVID-19 Vaccine
  • R Kelly’s manager ‘threatened mass shooting at cinema if manager didn’t stop screening of Surviving R Kelly documentary’
  • Trumps personal autopsy of his own reelection bid concludes America needs more Trump
  • Idaho Church Removes ‘Divisive And Hurtful’ Stained-Glass Robert E. Lee Window
  • General Hospital Nurses Ball Sneak Peek: Nelles Scheming ABC Teases Unpredictable Twists Turns
  • David Temple Maintains His Innocence in His Pregnant Wifes Murder
  • Trump visits brother Robert in New York hospital
  • Beardaments Continues To Grow Viral Buzz After Successful Shark Tank Appearance
  • Nonprofit vows to hold name-reading, light tribute on 19th anniversary of 9/11
  • California Court Declares High-Capacity Magazine Ban Unconstitutional
  • Mitt Romney Ramps up Defense of Mass-Mail Voting
  • Sara Haines returning to ‘The View’ as co-host
  • Sara Haines returning to The View as co-host
  • Sanders on Trumps Opposition to Postal Service Funding: He May Be Crazy, but Hes Not Stupid
  • Dallas ISD Launches $20M Mass Technology Deployment For Elementary Students On Monday
  • Nolte: New York Uses Coronavirus as Excuse to Cancel 9/11 Light Tribute
  • North African Broke Into Milan Cathedral, Took Guard Hostage at Knifepoint
  • Former Bachelor Star Colton Underwood Says Hes Returning To TV: Im Very, Very Excited